IT.COM

question How to sell direct to a potential buyer

NameSilo
Watch

domainstarts

Impact
I have a domain that I hand registered and noticed a company bought the .club and .online domains after my original purchase. I am going to contact the company directly to sell the domain. What is the best approach on selling directly and what service would you recommend to make sure the (seller and buyer is protected)? I am new to this industry and look forward to your comments.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

do you own the .com version of the name?

imo...

•••
Yes I own the .com version of the
Hi

do you own the .com version of the name?
Yes I own the .com version of the name

•••
•••
Go to OutboundDomains.com via @ysolanky Good resource on direct marketing/cold email to potential buyers (especially if you're fairly certain they might have some interest).

•••
I have a domain that I hand registered and noticed a company bought the .club and .online domains after my original purchase. I am going to contact the company directly to sell the domain. What is the best approach on selling directly and what service would you recommend to make sure the (seller and buyer is protected)? I am new to this industry and look forward to your comments.

The first step I would take is to check USPTO Trademark records to make sure there is no existing trademark before doing outbound. If everything is clear on that end, read up on Escrow.com and create an account there.

Then, make your outbound solicitation. If you come to an agreement, Escrow.com will take care of the rest.

Good luck.

•••
The first step I would take is to check USPTO Trademark records to make sure there is no existing trademark before doing outbound. If everything is clear on that end, read up on Escrow.com and create an account there.

Then, make your outbound solicitation. If you come to an agreement, Escrow.com will take care of the rest.

Good luck.
Thank you!!!!

•••
Go to OutboundDomains.com via @ysolanky Good resource on direct marketing/cold email to potential buyers (especially if you're fairly certain they might have some interest).
Thank you!!

•••
Yes I own the .com version of the name.
Hi

Thanks for replying.

if it was me, i would wait to see what the owners of those other extensions, actually do with the names, first.

in the buying and selling game,
the leverage is on your side when you wait for them to contact you.
from this position, should they inquire, then you can request them to "make an offer" if none is submitted initially.

then...., if they submit an offer, you can "evaluate and negotiate" from there, for the amount/price you want to sell the domain for.

i too would suggest escrow,.com, unless a buyer prefers another platform.

imo...

•••
Hi

Thanks for replying.

if it was me, i would wait to see what the owners of those other extensions, actually do with the names, first.

in the buying and selling game,
the leverage is on your side when you wait for them to contact you.
from this position, should they inquire, then you can request them to "make an offer" if none is submitted initially.

then...., if they submit an offer, you can "evaluate and negotiate" from there, for the amount/price you want to sell the domain for.

i too would suggest escrow,.com, unless a buyer prefers another platform.

imo...
Thank you this information is very helpful, this company is doing an initial launch of their game 8/30 which is the domain I own.

•••
So basically @domainstarts you're domain squatting and @biggie you're condoning it? Have I missed something or is this why the domain name industry gets such a bad rep?

•••
Have I missed something
Hi

since you missed something, you in turn "dislike" my post?

if, you bothered to read OP's initial post, they stated
noticed a company bought the .club and .online domains after my original purchase.

so, how is OP squatting and how did i condone their actions?

check yourself-

imo....

•••
So basically @domainstarts you're domain squatting and @biggie you're condoning it? Have I missed something or is this why the domain name industry gets such a bad rep?
How is that squatting exactly?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I bought this domain along with a lot of other metaverse names during the metaverse/meta domain buying craze. Wish I knew of Namepros before my purchases :xf.smile: . Based on what I was able to research, the domain I purchased was first on the market before this new game was even created or any mention of it . The only reason I found about this company/game is I am trying to do my first sale and read nameworth was a good domain appraisal website and saw there was .club and .online registered for the .com domain I registered. This is how I found out about the launch of a company/game. Launch date is very soon. Definitely not trying to get the domain industry a bad rep.

•••
Definitely not trying to get the domain industry a bad rep.
Hi

the industry had a rep, long before you came :)

but i didn't read any "ill-will-intent" from your post

imo..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back