IT.COM

How to report invalid whois for .us?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello all,

Since this is my first post ,So I want to say greeting to all namepros menbers!

There's a problem which I can't figured out for previous posts. I've contacted a few .us registrant follow whois infos because I'm in need of these names. But after a few contact in 2 weeks, I still can't contact them by email/phone and there's still no email response. I found that for many famous tld I could report to internic. But how about .us? Is nic.us is the authority to this? These names are registered with GoDaddy.

Please give me some advice.

Cheers! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you receive no email response, assume the registrant either does not want to sell or perceives the email as spam. Move on.

Welcome to the forums.

•••
webfreak said:
If you receive no email response, assume the registrant either does not want to sell or perceives the email as spam. Move on.

Welcome to the forums.

Agreed!,

Welcome to NamePros

•••
I usually meet some situation, that my mail was rejected back.

•••
manning said:
I've contacted a few .us registrant follow whois infos because I'm in need of these names.

Has it crossed your mind that they 'need' their names and dont want to be sent annoying email telling them that you 'need' their domain?
Ya think everyone buys names because when others 'need' them they have to hop to and hand it over just because you 'need' it?

Sheesh...

•••
mulligan said:
Has it crossed your mind that they 'need' their names and dont want to be sent annoying email telling them that you 'need' their domain?
Ya think everyone buys names because when others 'need' them they have to hop to and hand it over just because you 'need' it?

Sheesh...
Actually, in the OP's defense, it's a quite common practice to send email(s) to domain owner(s) that have domain(s) in which you are interested.

As a large amount of domain names are registered by domainers seeking to park and/or sell, the occasional email inquiry, in general, is quite welcomed and sought after.

•••
webfreak said:
Actually, in the OP's defense, it's a quite common practice to send email(s) to domain owner(s) that have domain(s) in which you are interested.

As a large amount of domain names are registered by domainers seeking to park and/or sell, the occasional email inquiry, in general, is quite welcomed and sought after.
Generally yes, but being unsuccessful he's going to repot... :alien:

•••
Well, unless you get mails bounced back, it doesn't necessarily mean that the emails are fake.
You can report it to Internic. I'm not giving you the link here, cuz I don't support this kinda thing.

•••
Who gives?
Someone puts a invalid email for whois
This may be because the email may be using a domain the registrant previously owned. I know this is a fact because I caught a dropped domain and there was TONS of Spam on first day of catching it. ;)
So just because the email is false doesn't mean the rest of the information is false.

Just move on and find a better domain name.
Welcome to Namepros btw.

•••
If ANY whois record is invalid, the domain CAN be deleted unless corrected in a timely manner.

•••
don't get me started.. sigh, another one who thinks they have the right to own everything.
Coming onto a domain forum asking about how to report fellow domainers is not the best start IMO.
My advice, mind your own business if you don't get a response about purchasing a name.

BTW, welcome to the forums :)

•••
•••
There are a lot of threads regarding reporting invalid whois in the hope that they will by default obtain the domain.. Never heard of one ever being successful..

Does make me laugh when i read US citizens bemoaning Europeans who have bought up some of the premium .US namespace and asking how they go about reporting them for a breach of nexus ownership criteria. Only to then create or participate in a thread about buying some of the.EU namespace... And before all you strong patriots come out guns a blazin', I also smile at the exact same reverse scenario... Which occurs just as much.

My personal opinion, you want a name and its taken, get over it.

•••
It sometimes amazes me when I see people resorting to such tactics for said
reasons above. Why should domain names be treated any different from other
tangible objects desired by someone that are not seemingly being used by its
owner?

Then again, some people just don't give a long hard thought to their actions.
More so consider how'd it be like if the shoe's on the other foot.

•••
webfreak said:

I agree, but if you dont get a response what does that tell you?

And the first foray into domaining is to start reporting fellow domainers for what is percieved to be invalid whois! Like thats gonna get him/her the name...

•••
mulligan said:
I agree, but if you dont get a response what does that tell you?

And the first foray into domaining is to start reporting fellow domainers for what is percieved to be invalid whois! Like thats gonna get him/her the name...

What a bad start... Unless the domain has been abandoned forever, the registrant will receive phone calls and emails regarding the situation. The website will also be shut down after a period of time if not responsed. It DOES happen; however, most owners (99%) are able to correct it before it's too late.

•••
You may find some information that suits you here: www.nic.us and http://www.nic.us/policies/docs/ustld_nexus_requirements.pdf (for nexus requirements)

There are policies in place for a reason. Registrants of .us domains SHOULD abide by the requirements and policies as outlined by Neustar. This does not necessarily mean other domainers should to be enforcers of these policies or snitches. Note, even if you want a domain that is registered by someone with incorrect/invalid whois info and you report him/her to neustar, this does NOT mean you will get the domain.

Also note that a person may not respond to email inquiries to sell regardless of if their whois info is correct. For instance, I have come across several large players in the .us market that will NOT sell their domains.

Last edited:
•••
Even if incorrect or false, they will probably get a chance to fix it before having it taken away. there is still no obligation to answer any inquiry at all from anyone but the registry, registrar, or ICANN. The valid whois rules are not for the average person, but to make sure false info isn't put in to get around nexus rules or otherwise illegal hiding of ones names.

If you believe the whois is FALSE to lie about nexus, you can file a US Nexus dispute. However, be prepared to pay over $1,000 to do so with no guarantee of getting it or having it dropped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back