Dynadot

question How to price a Geo-activity domain

NameSilo
Watch

BetoWH7

Established Member
Impact
hello i am reading and learning a lot on this forum, but i have a question and would love your inputs

how do you price a domain that has a GEO + activity
for example Orlando + plumber.com, miami+electrician . and so....

i understand that it depends on the popularity of the geo or city and the desirability of the activity ( job, work, proffesion )

the godaddy appraisal tool and estibot appraisals vary a lot.

how do you establish a bottom price and then start up from there

thank you in advance for your inputs

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As per my experience the best price for Geo + Job, work, profession domains is in the mid $$$.

Of course exceptions are there with multiple factors like popularity of city/country, profession, economy, daily/monthly/yearly wages.

I personally consider monthly income of any profession to decide the price of Geo domains, Of course I could be leaving some money on the table, but that's part of the game.

•••
As per my experience the best price for Geo + Job, work, profession domains is in the mid $$$.

Of course exceptions are there with multiple factors like popularity of city/country, profession, economy, daily/monthly/yearly wages.

I personally consider monthly income of any profession to decide the price of Geo domains, Of course I could be leaving some money on the table, but that's part of the game.
one question, @correctnames when you say wages refer to the profession, correct?
if the domain is for plumbers, then it would be approx the amount a plumber charges for a job.

thank you for your inputs

•••
one question, @correctnames when you say wages refer to the profession, correct?
if the domain is for plumbers, then it would be approx the amount a plumber charges for a job.

Yup that will give you a rough idea of what should be the ideal price. Although there are numerous other factors that need to be considered. Like a Plumber might only pay low mid $$$ but a plumbing company might pay high $$$ to low $$$$.

•••

@correctnames @BetoWH7 so you want to say that's depends also if the domain Buyer is just someone
or an entrepreneur who is building a business "I mean that's depends on who will value the domain and looks for the long term "
And thanks to all of you.

Last edited:
•••
@BetoWH7 hi it's me again kakugi
So you want to say that's depends on if the employee working for salary or working for his own job.
i believe it depends on working for his own job
and employee generally wont have a website, a small business or company will..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back