Domain Empire

How to make a basic webpage with cpanel?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Im new to cPanel and after I log in I see the menu where you can add all kinds of things to your site (like mail, agora shopping cart, bulletin board). But how do I set up the actual web page to add these things on to? I've built websites using site designer but I'm confused where to start with cPanel. I just signed up for a hosting account with hostgator and I've read the manual and don't see step 1 in there (how to make the actual webpage to add things to). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi cjbay,

some of that are parts and some are completely whole pages.
Example would be, if you install bulletin board then thats your starting page, like you see here on NamePros. Other example of 'page' is CMS (Joomla ...).

Other parts (like mail) have their 'page' but you need to link to them,
and thats part which you cant do in cPanel :imho:

-

•••
Does it include fantastico? start there.

•••
well, you could use some Content Management systems but youcould also go for some free templates that you canfind on the internet, and edit in a htML editor..,like dreamweaver, php designer, bu tthere are also some open source ones..then you upload them in the public_html directory
if you need some help, PM me.I'd be glad to help...for free :)
I remember me being in the same position as you :)

•••
to clarify: cpanel is a control panel - it is not designed to make websites. there are some applications on cpanel that will allow you to make websites though, such as cms's.

•••
Adding to what was already mentioned, cPanel does provide and allows Hoster to add on to, what is called "one click install" of various scripts. Choose the script you want to install and you'll then be presented with a page to create a Subdirectory, Admin login, etc. Script should then be installed and setup for you.

Then you login to the Admin section and start customizing.

•••
thank you everybody.

Last edited:
•••
To add a "page" you will need to upload it through your ftp.

Cpanel is used to add application to you website such as phpbb, cms etc....

-Ben

•••
re

I personally prefer constructing pages in Coffee Cup with HTML (free) although it might be worth the $50 for you to get visual editor if you're not familiar with HTML. Then just save the file as index.html, go to your FTP server and upload it into the domain file directory you want it to go.

If you want to use your web hosts page builder, it's probably under page wizard.

If you need any help at all, you can pm me as well.

(free)

•••
Well.. i can tell you by every method you would like ;)... lol cause i myself is a troubleshooter.. so if you want to know .. i will let you know.. pm .. me ;)... i will tell you how many ways do you have to develop your basic page..

no matter if it is by joomla , or you want a blog .. ( wordpress etc ) or your self made page .. best of luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back