NameSilo

How to generate income from Parked Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I had a business that I sold, and invested a lot of my time and money into buying new websites and over 900 domains for cash parking.

I know you aren't allowed to push traffic to the domains but what else can I do to generate income for each domain?

I need the pros to help me out. I have been asking around and no one is sharing their secrets and I am despite to find out to help support my family. I am regretting the fact that I sold my business for this due to not generating the income I figured I would be generating by this time (5 months into this game).

Feel free to send me a private message and or correspond via here. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

- Brian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are the same Brian, me too in searchin for answer bout domain parking... Hope the pros want to share their experience..

•••
There is no secret.

Parking will only do well for domains that get type-in traffic, the vast majority of domains won't get any... they are simply unfit for parking. You will make peanuts.
On the other hand, expired traffic/backlinks is normally tolerated.
So if you picked expired domains that used to be developed websites, you might be able to squeeze some $$$ out of them. But you should also expect the traffic to die out in the long run... backlinks will disappear etc.

If your domains have no traffic develop them into websites and use adsense or affiliate... but don't drive artificial traffic to parked domains, this will jeopardize your account.

•••
Try your best to SEO,and attractive visitors coming.

backlink or some affiliate-

•••
Parking is good only for Typo type domains. Parking is meant for temporary basis like you are developing some plan so rather keeping a domain idle you just park it. It is not easier to monetize parked domain.

•••
monetization of your parked domain

did some research on it, here it goes:

“How Do I Park My Domains?”
After your buy or register a domain, you will need to register with a parking company (and eventually it makes sense to register with several parking companies if you are serious about domain parking). The parking company will tell you how to use their service. Normally, this is through changing your name servers. The parking company will also give you options to target the ads that appear on your domain, for instance, by setting a keyword for the ads.
“How Do I Get Traffic To My Parked Domains?”
Aaaah. Finally, we’ve run into the catch. Parking companies strictly prohibit you from doing anything that would increase traffic to your domain. Sending traffic to a parked page (for instance, through advertising, link building, etc.) is against all parking companies terms of service. The logic behind this is that Google and Yahoo are trying to get their ads in places where they don’t already control the traffic – not recycling traffic that already exists.
Parking is for domains that have pre-existing traffic (normally through direct navigation). This normally means generic dot com’s and generic ccTLDs, typos, and domains that were once websites.

•••
I had a business that I sold, and invested a lot of my time and money into buying new websites and over 900 domains for cash parking.

- Brian

Why did you not seek professional advice before you invested so heavily in this business?

Or if you just Googled "is domain parking profitable" you would have realised it wasn't going to be easy.

•••
You have 900 domains + websites. This is awesome asset, and you paid good $$ for the same.

Here are options I'll NOT recommend (with practical reason):

(1) Domain parking -- You'll not earn any money as such.
(2) Make websites and sell links -- Making cheap websites, and hosting will cost you extra $$. And no one is going to buy links on cheap websites.
(3) Affiliate on all websites -- Affiliate marketing is not an easy nut to crack. (you can consider 1-2 websites for affiliate on topic in which you are expert)
(4) Common script based websites -- Making wordpress blog, PHPLd dirs, social bookmaking sites etc. It will be very difficult to build for 900 domains, costs you lot of time, hosting etc., and very less earning opportunity.

In my opinion, you should either or all of the below options:

(1) Sell your ALL websites and domains. Literally, I have many domains for years, planning to make websites, but busy with just 3-4 websites since then. So, sell your all stuff (except the most loved websites or domain).

(2) Register a new domain (or keep the domain / website from your list) on your favorite topic. It is always a huge advantage of working in area in which you are expert or genuinely love the topic. So, have ONE domain (Top choice), and make good websites which help the target users without fail.

I am telling you from my own experience. And I finally decided to sell my all stuff, and keep myself busy with 3-4 websites of my top choice.

Hope it will help you.

•••
There is secret.
Do SEO to your domains.get more back links for them.For example,upload video including your domains on youtube.

•••
There is secret.
Do SEO to your domains.get more back links for them.For example,upload video including your domains on youtube.

Are you serious?

He's talking about parked domains.

•••
You have 900 domains + websites. This is awesome asset, and you paid good $$ for the same.

Here are options I'll NOT recommend (with practical reason):

(1) Domain parking -- You'll not earn any money as such.
(2) Make websites and sell links -- Making cheap websites, and hosting will cost you extra $$. And no one is going to buy links on cheap websites.
(3) Affiliate on all websites -- Affiliate marketing is not an easy nut to crack. (you can consider 1-2 websites for affiliate on topic in which you are expert)
(4) Common script based websites -- Making wordpress blog, PHPLd dirs, social bookmaking sites etc. It will be very difficult to build for 900 domains, costs you lot of time, hosting etc., and very less earning opportunity.

In my opinion, you should either or all of the below options:

(1) Sell your ALL websites and domains. Literally, I have many domains for years, planning to make websites, but busy with just 3-4 websites since then. So, sell your all stuff (except the most loved websites or domain).

(2) Register a new domain (or keep the domain / website from your list) on your favorite topic. It is always a huge advantage of working in area in which you are expert or genuinely love the topic. So, have ONE domain (Top choice), and make good websites which help the target users without fail.

I am telling you from my own experience. And I finally decided to sell my all stuff, and keep myself busy with 3-4 websites of my top choice.

Hope it will help you.

Excellent post. Thank you. I am on the right track! Kenny Rogers : "You got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them"

•••
I would have to say that my publisher has given me the right tools that I should be using such as Backlink Generator + SEO tool to use for all of my domains. I am starting to see some results but not much and they have only been optimized for a month now in just one account. I have owned them in other places such as Godaddy and another software company I used for 4 -5 months and they didn't make anything until I left them by themselves in one account SEDO and they are finally starting to show something off of them but like I said not much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back