IT.COM

How to "format" a Cpanel account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

Here is my situation:

I currently have a reseller account with a hosting provider. I am using one of my domains as my main domain for the account - through which I can log into my WHM and create new accounts. I have already created many accounts which should NOT be affected in any way from this.

At this point, I would like to completely reconstruct the site that I have on my main domain. I know that I can simply start deleting the files in my public_html folder and delete the mysql DBs from the account, however, I was wondering if there is a faster way.

If that wasn't my main account, I would simply terminate it and create it all over again, but I am afraid to do that cause it is. Would terminating that account cause any problems to the rest of my accounts?

I noticed that there is a folder in my main ftp for this domain, named after my username, and that folder includes folders such as "resellerconfig" or "dnszones". I don't know what those folders are, but I am assuming that they have something to do with the settings of my reseller account.

So, what do you think is the best way to start? My site was basically hacked and they did a mysql injection on it, so I really want to wipe it clean and put a completely different and more secure script on it. I really don't want anything from that old site to remain on there. Is there any easy way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Note to mods: If this is not the most appropriate section for such a thread, I kindly ask that you move it to the right one. Thank you! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suppose in this situation your own web hosting company will be able to help you. Just create the support ticket and ask them for the help

•••
I assume that is the problem for the end users like you ans I assume you need to ask the web hosting company for the help in this case

•••
Thanks for your help guys. I just deleted every file in my public_html folder and then manually deleted the DBs and such - was the easiest to go at it as my host recommended ;)

•••
Just be in touch with your web hosting provider support and you will be happy.
If not sure always ask

•••
Wish it was that easy... :P

I am sure you know how some hosting providers offer sloooooow support.

P.S. I am not an end user - just your average noob lol

•••
Wish it was that easy... :P

I am sure you know how some hosting providers offer sloooooow support.

P.S. I am not an end user - just your average noob lol

So maybe that would be better have less slow web hosting provider?

•••
So maybe that would be better have less slow web hosting provider?

Of course... but I am on a tight budget. It's either slow with less uptime but good support or fast with good uptime and slooooow support :(

If you can recommend one that has both - I am all ears.

•••
Well I would recommend you have short list of the companies and start testing them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back