IT.COM

question How to find while buying an expired domain whether it was listed before for sale on one or more marketplaces and not sold and then was made dropped ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yMASTER

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

Please let me know a method or a free software to find out the status of an expired domain that before buying the same whether it was listed before for sale on one or more marketplaces and not sold and then was considered useless and not renewed by its owner and made drop finally.

Can we find whether it was listed before in some marketplaces and not sold there??

This should really help me making a decision to own it or not.

Regards.

Awaiting your reply..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are two or more ways. But, I use two

1. DNS history

The DNS history can be checked using a somewhat free tool called CompleteDNS.com, select DNS history and put in the domain name in question. There are other robust tool to check DNS history of a domain, but to my knowledge, they aren't free.

2. Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/

The wayback machine shows how the domain page looked like before it dropped whether it was parked or redirected to a marketplace or has a for sale page. This is effective if the said domain page was ever crawled or indexed by the wayback machine.

There are other possible ways, but these are the two I mostly use.

•••
Many good to great domains drop for someone with a good eye to find. I would not use past sellers inability to sell it yet as an indicator of anything either. It doesn’t matter if it dropped. It matters if its a good domain or not.

Domainers are of different skill and knowledge and opinion and some let gold go while others hold garbage for 20 yrs.

Last edited:
•••
There are two or more ways. But, I use two

1. DNS history

The DNS history can be checked using a somewhat free tool called CompleteDNS dot com, select DNS history and put in the domain name in question. There are other robust tool to check DNS history of a domain, but to my knowledge, they aren't free.

2. Wayback Machine

The wayback machine shows how the domain page looked like before it dropped whether it was parked or redirected to a marketplace or has a for sale page. This is effective if the said domain page was ever crawled or indexed by the wayback machine.

There are other possible ways, but these are the two I mostly use.

lovely things to go through..

thanx dear

•••
Many good to great domains drop for someone with a good eye to find. I would not use past sellers inability to sell it yet as an indicator of anything either. It doesn’t matter if it dropped. It matters if its a good domain or not.

Domainers are of different skill and knowledge and opinion and some let gold go while others hold garbage for 20 yrs.

Agree by all means dear and shall be keeping in mind the same while making any purchase.

thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back