Dynadot

How to find profitable keywords to dominate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Okay, so I'm new to internet marketing and I want to learn how to find keywords that are good.

For example, the term "what is lightning" has 3,600 global exact searches. Am I right in saying anything above 1,000 is a good start?

The .com EMD - whatislightning.com - is available.

The adwords competition is very low at 0.01. Am I right in saying this is bad because it means that ads from adsense on a site at "whatislightning.com" would make you no money?

The CPC for the term is USD0.43.

At google.com, typing "allintitle:what is lightning" returns 11,700 matches. Does this mean that competition to rank for this term will be high or low? What is a good number here?

The domain name whatislightning.com has a valuate valuation of USD520. Good / Bad ?

Is the fact that it has the words 'what' and 'is' a bad thing in general?

What are the other metrics that I should be concerned with when finding niches?

Please be detailed in your answers. Thanks!

Note: I was just using "what is lightning" as an example and have not registered it. Right now, I am only interested in learning about Internet Marketing and how I can make money from it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are new to building websites and writing content then I would recommend starting with a niche you are passionate about. You probably won't make $$ but you will learn more and will enjoy posting about a subject you like.

Last edited:
•••
If you are new to building websites and writing content then I would recommend starting with a niche you are passionate about. You probably won't make $$ but you will learn more and will enjoy posting about a subject you like.

Thanks Adam, but I'm already pretty experienced with wordpress and building sites.

What I'm really asking about is how to research keywords and buy a domain to take a site to the top of google easily using senuke. Or if were to fail, to at least have purchased a domain that is somewhat valuable and can be sold on for more.

•••
I dont think so Internet marketing starting itself lucrative for you.
Through Google adwords,you can find out competetive keywords for your site,and you can buy a domain through online sites like godaddy.There are so many sites are there to buy as well as to sale.

•••
You can use this Google tool to do the keyword research
AdWords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

•••
As said above, I would use the Googles Keyword tool to find good keywords in your niche that generate a good amount of traffic. Then search on google for that keyword / phrase to see the competition. Long tailed keywords usually have less competition

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back