Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EndUserSales.com said:
...I actually have obligations to provide businesses with as many domains relevant to their business as possible at a guaranteed $50 a pop - reg fee or not. QUOTE]

That's cool. How does one go about getting an arrangement like that?

•••
panterrasbox said:
EndUserSales.com said:
...I actually have obligations to provide businesses with as many domains relevant to their business as possible at a guaranteed $50 a pop - reg fee or not. QUOTE]

Pm'ed you

•••
panterrasbox said:
EndUserSales.com said:

Yes, I want to know also. I have only sold two domains to End users . The first one they came to me. And the second one ,I send an email to them. But it is only at $xxx amount

•••
EndUserSales.com said:
I was told not to respond to your post, but I could'nt resist...

I honestly cant count how many companies I've sold to. I actually have obligations to provide businesses with as many domains relevant to their business as possible at a guaranteed $50 a pop - reg fee or not. Do the math that's alot of domains.

Whether it's the PGA to Norton to the Red Cross I've done business with em. I've done XX,XXX in business in just the last week and I'm not talking about
high value domains.

If you had any doubts about my work, you could've pmed me and I would've furnished you with actual emails from endusers and paypal statements. Aint no shame in my game.

I can honestly say that I have even completed or participated in at least 18 domainers sales - some that were into the upper XX,XXX all the way down to the small domainers XXX sale. I hope some of them come to this post and testify to that fact.

Let me know!

what was the John Deere sale you were talking about last month? can you give specifics?

•••
•••
•••
Hi.
This is indeed an EXCELLENT thread.

I'm trying to sell RemoteConnection.com,so i've made a list with 30 companies that sell remote access software.

What i wanted to ask,is where i send my email,if the company has no contact info for the advertising or marketing department,but only to technical and sales?

Should i send the email to the sales department,or send it to the email address that's in the whois...?

•••
law_order said:
Hi.
This is indeed an EXCELLENT thread.

I'm trying to sell RemoteConnection.com,so i've made a list with 30 companies that sell remote access software.

What i wanted to ask,is where i send my email,if the company has no contact info for the advertising or marketing department,but only to technical and sales?

Should i send the email to the sales department,or send it to the email address that's in the whois...?

Just contact them, and say you have a business with their company. In my experience my email forward to marketing dept. or the owner.

•••
•••
If you have stats with good traffic don't forget to provide details
Visitors = possible customers

•••
Excellent stuff Rob - I haven't had time to read it all yet - but rep added I've also sent you a PM.

•••
Don't forget to post your domains in the Business Ops section of your newspapers.. you never know when it might strike a chord with someone who wasn't thinking in that direction.

We should all pitch in to buy a half or full page in a major newspaper (WSJ?) with our names listed :)

•••
Thanks. Keep in mind my Selling to end users process can also be used for finding direct advertisers.

Same process but instead of pitching the domain for sale, simply pitch them advertising placement and rates.

•••
sorry to ask again guys...but i've finished compiling my potentional buyers list and i don't know where to send the mails...

sales@
info@
press@

or the address found in the whois records...??

•••
Don't just send them to random email addresses ...

If you must use "Email" - Obviously you'll want to use the whois email of record if available. But if you do go this route , Please be Polite and Professional about it.
I think people with a good Phone presence can actually open more doors , though it's not for everyone.

•••
Mark said:
Don't just send them to random email addresses ...

If you must use "Email" - Obviously you'll want to use the whois email of record if available. But if you do go this route , Please be Polite and Professional about it.
I think people with a good Phone presence can actually open more doors , though it's not for everyone.

thanks a lot Mark...
However,i'm afraid that if i use the whois email address,it will either be "abandoned",or i will find on the other side some tech-geek...

•••
You have to visit every site of every end user prospect and find their contact info or use their contact form.

DO NOT blast out emails to sales@

Send one email at a time.

•••
Read the whole thread now, and I love it :)

I know the following question was asked before, but I din't find any answers to it.

Should I start low or high domian price when I am connecting to the end-users? On one side, I want the most profit. On the other side, I want a deal and I don't wan't the end-user to think that I am rude.

•••
TordB.com said:
Read the whole thread now, and I love it :)

I know the following question was asked before, but I din't find any answers to it.

Should I start low or high domian price when I am connecting to the end-users? On one side, I want the most profit. On the other side, I want a deal and I don't wan't the end-user to think that I am rude.

When i start with prices to an end-user i set a price that i want to sell it for in my mind. I then divide that by 3 and add that to the price that i want. Start with that and more often than not you end up around the price that were planning to sell for.

Example:
I want to sell Domain.com for $9,000. So i divide that by 3: 9,000/3=3,000. I add the 3,000 to my price of 9,000 and i get $12,000 for the initial price. Then work down from there.

•••
You really need to set the price based on your own. Have a look at the site in my signature to see my valuation process and selling to end users process.

Then just get out there and do it. Put a price on it and sell. Nothing better than selling to an end user who gets it.

Keep the price under $5k otherwise other decision makers will most likely have to get involved.

•••
Rob, good work with SellingToEndUsers.com, I picked up some good tips that I'm going to try :)

•••
Great Thread, I read through the thirteen pages and am ready to start contacting end users. :)

•••
I read about this Italian guy earlier in the thread who said that it was benefical to have an US phone? I am Europeean as well (Norwegian), is it really necessary to have an US phone in order to acheive the best deals?

•••
TordB.com said:
I read about this Italian guy earlier in the thread who said that it was benefical to have an US phone? I am Europeean as well (Norwegian), is it really necessary to have an US phone in order to acheive the best deals?

Anybody who knows?

Moreover, I have one more question:

My isp adress ends in .no

no is the country code for my homecountry. In order to seem more serious should I use my isp adress or not? It doesn't end in .com like other isp adresses I believe.

•••
Does anyone in the US contact businesses from overseas?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back