IT.COM

question How to find clients as a Broker?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Francis AHLE

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys! I've recently launched my company.

I want to help people sell their domains but I'm a complete beginner.

Any tip about how I could find my first clients as a broker?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People will deal with a broker if they're sure they can help. Stating you're a beginner, are you that guy? If you're an insurance broker but you know nothing about the insurance market, you're essentially pissing in the wind (I don't mean to be blunt)

To be a successful domain broker and to add value, I'd suggest gathering the necessary experience, know-how and network to qualify...if you're looking to do it right. You don't want to be the unsuccessful / annoying type, that engages in spam. IMO

Last edited:
•••
People will deal with a broker if they're sure they can help. Stating you're a beginner, are you that guy? If you're an insurance broker but you know nothing about the insurance market, you're essentially pissing in the wind (I don't mean to be blunt)

To be a successful domain broker and to add value, I'd suggest gathering the necessary experience, know-how and network to qualify...if you're looking to do it right. You don't want to be the unsuccessful / annoying type, that engages in spam. IMO
In fact I already have the necessary training to be a broker. But even best brokers today were beginners at some point. This is why I'm asking for tips. When I say I'm a beginner, I'm that guy, but I have enough knowledge about the industry and I know how to do outbound marketing. But I understand your advice ;). I have the know how. I just need to increase my network

•••
You answered your own questions, partially at least - increase your network......end users and sellers

Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Domain forums, do you have a website? Write blogs, articles, news, podcast etc - promote via your social media platforms.....attend conferences etc etc

Share your sales as when then happen for Social Proof

Probably more but the above was off the top of my head......

•••
You answered your own questions, partially at least - increase your network......end users and sellers

Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Domain forums, do you have a website? Write blogs, articles, news, podcast etc - promote via your social media platforms.....attend conferences etc etc

Share your sales as when then happen for Social Proof

Probably more but the above was off the top of my head......
Thanks so much! Yes I have a site it is feeldomains.com. I only have my own domains listed there at the moment. I'm a french native speaker so many names are in french and I had them prior to really knowing the industry, so they're not exceptional. Thanks for your advices. I'll let you know when things move forward :)

•••
What are you like at selling outside of domains can you close deals? Where are you from?

•••
Hey! I'm from Benin. I sell SEO writing and translation services outside of domain names.

•••
I am sure from this post others will ask you to try sell their domains. You could grow your own marketplace with more keywords but also have an uphill battle. I get people asking due to owning broker domains but i would rather worry about own volume. I have a thread on broker requirements. https://www.namepros.com/threads/brokers-requirements.1250748/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back