Dynadot

How to find a domain for your project

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

This is a very simple way to find a domain name for your project.

First you should already have your selected niche / topic.

For this example, we'll pretend that we are going to make a blog about cooking. (an easy one for an example).

Ok we are going to make a 2 part name, i usually suggest something like topic-word2 (without the - of course)

Ok some possible names could be (well randomly picked)
chefskitchen
chefscookbook
foodworld
foodkitchen

that should be enough for us to get something we can use.....

head on over to http://thesaurus.reference.com/
This is where we spin some domains ourself.
first lets look at chefskitchen, we want to keep the word chef so we'll spin kitchen. if we put kitchen into the search box and hit search, we get a ton of words, now we need to pick the ones that match our word chef.. let's see..
back kitchen
canteen
cook's room
cookery
cookhouse
crumb stash
cuisine
eat-in
gallery
galley
house-place
kitchenette
mess
scullery

now there's a few there that will fit, canteen,cookery,cuisine,gallery,galley,scullery.
now this is where you would goto your register, and see if the domains aren't registered
so the list in this example would be
chefscanteen.com
chefscookery.com
chefscuisine.com
chefsgallery.com
chefsgalley.com
chefsscullery.com

i just went over to moniker and check a quick bulk register check
and the following names came back available to register
CHEFSCANTEEN.COM
CHEFSCOOKERY.COM
CHEFSSCULLERY.COM

How easy was that ????

next time when you want to start a new web project (reguardless of what it is) if you want a nice simple easy to remember name, this is the way to do it, and if your like me, it'll save you days trying to find a domain to use =)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back