IT.COM

question How to do you keep an overview of all your domains

NameSilo
Watch

siddardha

Established Member
Impact
How to do you keep an overview of all your domains at different registrars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
@lock maintains my domains ..he got em on lock

•••
If you want to easily update prices across registrars, you need to have everything organized in excel for the CSV imports.

I found it easier to make my own private website and import all domains into woocommerce. It's easier to navigate through all my domains, keep them updated and categorize them by different keywords on a website than in excel. Visualization is much better, sorting and searching much faster inside the store ui with comprehensive search functions.

You then can export the woocommerce CSV ready to be uploaded on the different registrars, very straightforward process. All for free on AWS with free tiers.

Last edited:
•••
Excel is what I prefer. Easy and quick.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I just want to keep track of all domains and their nameservers too
Why do you need to track the nameservers?

I personally set the nameservers when the newly acquired domains land into my account. This is not something I change frequently (if at all) before the domain sells.

Even when the domain is transferred to another Registrar, the nameservers should be preserved (unless there are some custom settings in your account).

Last edited:
•••
I like this topic, and I've been using excel too. Thanks for this article

•••
Last edited:
•••
I principally manage my domains today on my forsale website. At least for 98% which are at Dynadot. For the 2% which are waiting to be transferred to Dynadot, I also use my forsale website backed up with a small Awaiting Transfer spreadsheet, where I track transfer dates.

I am a great believer Domain Punch as well. It's very good. It's free for the first 30 days which is enough time to evaluate it. It's excellent.

•••
Excel, but I will export my list from the registrar from time to time to make sure my domains are accounted for.

Brad

•••
•••
gOod thread i needed that

•••
•••
Think most of the guys here have it right, a simple Excel does the job just fine ...don't overcomplicate things

Personally, my overview is in my head. I own under 100 in holdings at any one time at 3 different registrars (generally) and my brain keeps track of them just fine. If I happened to own thousands, maybe it would be different

Last edited:
•••
With mega memory. A funny story this used to be played same commercial on tv almost every night and because of it flat mates had memorised one of these infommercials and would convince guests we had the gift as it was playing on tv.

Last edited:
•••
I love google sheets because you can then type a particular email you want to share with as read/write or just read only.

It's really helpful when you wish to show a particular person your portfolio especially during liquidation process.

•••
Excel. But I only use Godaddy and Dynadot. Any time I purchase a domain I am willing to hold for several years, I transfer it to Godaddy (except if they are already at Dynadot) That keeps it simple and manageable.

•••
•••
Excel and DNMin.com. The latter is free and if you have a small portfolio (up to 100 domains, but with a small donation you can reach 300 domains), it helps track domains by sending notifications after whois data changes or if expiration date is near.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back