IT.COM

How to Capture Screen Shot!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is so easy when I learned it I felt like a JackA$$ for not know,

First pull up the screen you want to capture, next press the key "PrintScrn/SysRq" between F12 & Scroll Lock, then you just go to paint or any othe photo software and click Ctrl + v, there you have it!

This is perfect for proving stats and things like that!

Don't forget to add some Rep for me, if you don't know how, all you have to do is click the Little scale at the bottom of the table my name is in and click Approve or Disapprove, throw in a comment, click the botton and done!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol congrats on finding out one of the not so advertised secrets of windows... hehe

but its not always that perfect, especially with a new invention called "photoshop".

have fun

•••
nasaboy007 said:
lol congrats on finding out one of the not so advertised secrets of windows... hehe

but its not always that perfect, especially with a new invention called "photoshop".

have fun

Thanks on the first part, but for the second part I had to do a little Investo On and found you to be not correct! See attach image, it was done with PhotoShop CS2, took maybe five seconds, I have also been able to do it in any image program that I have used!

•••
That actually could be quite useful to some people. :lol: for the longest of times, I didn't know how to capture a screen shot :blush:

•••
also another tip

hole down Alt while pressing the Print Screen button
and it removes the start bar from the screen shot :)

Joe

•••
TheArbiter said:
also another tip

Joe

Nice one Joe!

•••
Actaully, when you hold "ALT", it captures the active window - E.G, if the active window [you know, this one's title bar is brigher and the other ones are slightly faded and greyed out] was an error, it would just copy the error.

However, this dosen't always work properley on all operating systems.

•••
Wow thanks, I never knew how to do that in windows... Thanks

•••
OMG, I learned how to do this just last week too! :laugh: I felt silly to have to ask but I needed to know.

I always thought that PrtScr as PrintScreen so it would PRINT the screen. I didn't know now it just saved it in my clipboard. Doh! :p

Lyte

•••
Masahiro said:
Actaully, when you hold "ALT", it captures the active window - E.G, if the active window [you know, this one's title bar is brigher and the other ones are slightly faded and greyed out] was an error, it would just copy the error.

However, this dosen't always work properley on all operating systems.
i know, why say that, when all i had to do with say that it got rid of the start bar ;) looks and does the same thing

wearenotabot said:
TheArbiter said:
also another tip

Joe

Nice one Joe!
:lol: nps! i'm always here to help and offer tips i've picked up :p hehe

Last edited:
•••
wearenotabot said:
This is so easy when I learned it I felt like a JackA$$ for not know,

First pull up the screen you want to capture, next press the key "PrintScrn/SysRq" between F12 & Scroll Lock, then you just go to paint or any othe photo software and click Ctrl + v, there you have it!

This is perfect for proving stats and things like that!

Don't forget to add some Rep for me, if you don't know how, all you have to do is click the Little scale at the bottom of the table my name is in and click Approve or Disapprove, throw in a comment, click the botton and done!

lmao your probably not the only one to who that happened. Not everyone has lots of knowledge of computers ;)

•••
This is old news to me, lol. BUt thanks for the tip, not everyone knows how to do it.

•••
very nice,

thanks for sharing.
rep added

•••
hey simply try gadwin systems print screen freeware software , an excellent winows OS utility to get screenshots in any length you need.
i found that is too easy to handle
just your pre-set print scrren key and press create output! over!
get it here http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

•••
two4one said:
hey simply try gadwin systems print screen freeware software , an excellent winows OS utility to get screenshots in any length you need.
i found that is too easy to handle
just your pre-set print scrren key and press create output! over!
get it here http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

The point of the thread is you do not need any other software, windows does it for you!

•••
wow thanks i never knew how to do this and now i do and im so happy thanks seriously

•••
Nasgotti said:
wow thanks i never knew how to do this and now i do and im so happy thanks seriously

You are very welcome, seriously! Comes in handy to prove stats!

•••
Capturing only the Highlighted Window..

To Capture only the highlighted Window use "Ctrl + Prnt Screen"

Thanks,

•••
wearenotabot said:
Thanks on the first part, but for the second part I had to do a little Investo On and found you to be not correct! See attach image, it was done with PhotoShop CS2, took maybe five seconds, I have also been able to do it in any image program that I have used!

im pretty sure he means that you can easily edit the screenshot in photoshop, rendering them untrustworthy a bit.

•••
In most Linux flavors, there is a capture screenshot button. Those who use linux should already know that though lol :).

•••
I use this feature every day to take snap shots of templates I design, to size them down and put on my site. But I always press F11 to view full screen and then Ctrl Alt Print Screen, To get the bars out of the picture. Very nice feature.

•••
The other one I bet a lot of you don't know is if hold ALT then F4 then press print screen it won't copy any of the bars. Pretty neat trick ;)

P.S. Don't do this if your doing something important because it takes up a lot of CPU resources and your computer could freeze.

•••
Lol, so easy.
I've learned it in 16 years old.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back