IT.COM

domains How Spending $20,000 on a Domain Name Uncovered an Incredible Opportunity

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The Long, Tedious Process of Purchasing gaps.com for $20,000

If you’re anything like me, you’ve purchased a few spur-of-the-moment domains that you’re probably never going to do anything with.

Sadly these purchases only seem to increase in frequency as you spend more time online. Just a fortnight ago I purchased YoureGonnaDie.com (no, really) and I’m sure I’ll receive the renewal reminder before I even change its nameservers.

Most of these random domain acquisitions of mine are made at Namecheap.

When I’ve wanted to purchase more expensive domains that are already owned by someone I use BuyDomains.com.

I’ve used them to buy dictionary domains like Womanhood.com, and more personal business names like MarketingInc.com.

Last year when I had the idea to build Gaps (which initially had nothing to do with online business ideas), I decided I wanted a premium domain to go with it.

read more (gaps)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back