IT.COM

discuss .how showcase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.how landrush period started...anyone have registered something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doesn't seem to be much fan fare for this extension *OR* everyone is in a holding pattern (like me) until they get their act together.

•••
Don't see this one going very far, but that's just my opinion.. I guess time will tell! :)

•••
•••
LandRush phase is over and 1 of the names have appeared in my account. The other one is "Pending Approval"

Anyone else have names come through yet?

*EDIT/UPDATE*

I am 2 for 2 on the names on the names I have been waiting on.
I have received all the names that I applied for. :)

Last edited:
•••
radio, maps,cards,voip,box,sale,mutualfunds,commerce are still available in this extension if that makes any sense for anyone to pick up one, two, a few...

Cheers
I think it just went GA.

•••
Poker.how is available for $687... I must say I am actually tempted.. but I should resist as this is just another crappy gTLD right? Hmm.. lol. (*Must not give in to temptation*).

•••
Looks like "wikiHow" got wiki.How

I have 0.

•••
Also Google, you greedy gits (what they got like 100 billion cash reserve lol), just release for $20 each or something to get mass adoption. I'd have def bought poker.how then. :)

•••
I see poker.how as being unavailable.

One thing that I give HOW... at least that I have seen... NONE of the names had premium prices on them.
Every one that I have seen was at base price...
And even better... none of them had stupid premium renewal prices.

But as you said... it is a Google owned extension. They said it will NOT have any effect on the algorithms for their search engine BUT we do know for sure that Google is not going away any time soon.
Some of these other extensions... hmmm... Test your luck.

.How is the first English extension that Google has released and as my "normal" key word search... many of them are gone and only a small handful remain.

Take it for what it is... I just like the non premium game. I just wish all other extensions would do that as well.

Cheers

•••
Poker.how is available on name.com. It is $687.

•••
One thing that I give HOW... at least that I have seen... NONE of the names had premium prices on them.
Every one that I have seen was at base price...
And even better... none of them had stupid premium renewal prices.

No mate, there are many premium ones, the highest price being $687 like poker.how. That is also the yearly renewal price too.

•••
101domain is cheaper ($29) per domain and none of them that I have seen have a premium
I use a list of key words... and none that appeared on my list show any kind of premium.

•••
•••
Here are a few more that I found that were still available.
If they work for you have at them...
biz
europe
tokyo
texas
sexy
euro
restaurant
cards
first
general
consumer
research
arizona
ebiz
virginia
blackjack
hobbies
boat
massachusetts

politics

hair
limousine
divorce
madrid
istanbul
international
corporate

•••
I got

Equity.how
Apply.how

Below 2 are failed

Start.how
Learn.how

•••
Nice 3 LLL and pronounceable - INO (dot) how

EX: I know how :xf.wink:

•••
Not much loving for this tld.

•••
I love this TLD for tutorials and info or knowledge stuffs...moreover this extension is from Google...

•••
I agree, it's actually well suited to tutorials/training/help guides and such. And yes backed by the monster that is Google. I thought why not, I took a punt on one at $29.99, bodybuilding.how

Most likely a big mistake. Still, a lottery ticket eh. :)

Thanks
Dave

•••
I agree, it's actually well suited to tutorials/training/help guides and such. And yes backed by the monster that is Google. I thought why not, I took a punt on one at $29.99, bodybuilding.how

Most likely a big mistake. Still, a lottery ticket eh. :)

Thanks
Dave
Even you could have tried buildbody.how hehehe

•••
It is Google so the extension wont be going anywhere any time soon.

I think .HOW is not as narrow as many people are thinking.
In my opinion, it can work with almost any keyword(s).
Just my 2 cents using the list that I posted up there.

**Granted that some of these are stretching it a bit and one would really have to be motivated in the area to make some of these work. I am just pointing out that it can be done with nearly any keyword if you have the motivation and maybe know HOW to make something successful from it**

biz (How to start your own biz, How to make connections for your biz, How to network your biz...)
europe (How to backpack across Europe, How to vacation Europe on a budget...)
tokyo (Same concept for europe...)
texas (Same concept for europe...)
sexy (How to be sexy for your loved one, How to dress sexy...)
euro (How to convert euros to dollars,
restaurant (How to open a restaurant, How to choose a restaurant location...)
cards (How to play cards, How to cheat at cards...)
first (How to be first at ------,
general
consumer (How to find the best consumer deals, How to look for online consumer coupons...)
research (How to research a paper, How to do research online...)
arizona (Same concept for europe...)
ebiz (same as biz)
virginia (Same concept for europe...)
blackjack (Same concept for cards...)
hobbies (How to choose the right hobby for you, How to guide your kids to good hobbies...)
boat (How to pick the right boat, How to build a boat...)
massachusetts (Same concept for europe...)

politics
(How to get into politics, How politics work...)
hair (How to do your hair, How to grow hair, How to cut hair...)
limousine (How to buy a limousine, How to rent a limousine...)
divorce (How to avoid a divorce, How to get a divorce...)
madrid (Same concept for europe...)
istanbul (Same concept for europe...)
international (How to be a international spy, How to passports for international flights...)
corporate
(How prepare for work in a corporate environment, How to dress for corporate work, How to act in a corporate environment...)

Just food for thought.... nothing more. Take from it what you will.

Cheers

*EDIT to clean it up... It didnt like my cut and paste

•••
It is Google so the extension wont be going anywhere any time soon.

I think .HOW is not as narrow as many people are thinking.
In my opinion, it can work with almost any keyword(s).
Just my 2 cents using the list that I posted up there.

**Granted that some of these are stretching it a bit and one would really have to be motivated in the area to make some of these work. I am just pointing out that it can be done with nearly any keyword if you have the motivation and maybe know HOW to make something successful from it**

biz (How to start your own biz, How to make connections for your biz, How to network your biz...)
europe (How to backpack across Europe, How to vacation Europe on a budget...)
tokyo (Same concept for europe...)
texas (Same concept for europe...)
sexy (How to be sexy for your loved one, How to dress sexy...)
euro (How to convert euros to dollars,
restaurant (How to open a restaurant, How to choose a restaurant location...)
cards (How to play cards, How to cheat at cards...)
first (How to be first at ------,
general
consumer (How to find the best consumer deals, How to look for online consumer coupons...)
research (How to research a paper, How to do research online...)
arizona (Same concept for europe...)
ebiz (same as biz)
virginia (Same concept for europe...)
blackjack (Same concept for cards...)
hobbies (How to choose the right hobby for you, How to guide your kids to good hobbies...)
boat (How to pick the right boat, How to build a boat...)
massachusetts (Same concept for europe...)

politics
(How to get into politics, How politics work...)
hair (How to do your hair, How to grow hair, How to cut hair...)
limousine (How to buy a limousine, How to rent a limousine...)
divorce (How to avoid a divorce, How to get a divorce...)
madrid (Same concept for europe...)
istanbul (Same concept for europe...)
international (How to be a international spy, How to passports for international flights...)
corporate
(How prepare for work in a corporate environment, How to dress for corporate work, How to act in a corporate environment...)

Just food for thought.... nothing more. Take from it what you will.

Cheers

*EDIT to clean it up... It didnt like my cut and paste
I feel .how is valuable but I feel these keywords are not much suitable for this extension... This is just my opinion....

•••
I just tossed them into the ring as I apply the same list of keywords into all extensions that I am interested in.
Out of list of about 550+ keywords, there were only 42 that where still showing as available.
I already picked up my 2 words during the land rush (which was less expensive then GA).
I applied my generic list of keywords and the above post was about half that the names that were still left.

They didnt work for me either... hence why I posted them here and not regged them.
Maybe there is someone else out there that can use one or two.

Just tossing it into the ring of public discussion as I have already gotten the names that I wanted.

Cheers

•••
This extension is gonna rock soon...as most of the people use internet to learn how to.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back