IT.COM

discuss .how showcase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.how landrush period started...anyone have registered something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Finally the premium one

BigData.how

•••
•••
Too many extensions now. I think that's more a disater than an opportunity for domainers. So much illusion now.

•••
Too many extensions now. I think that's more a disater than an opportunity for domainers. So much illusion now.

I agree too many and time to slow down and pick carefully. ICANN will eventually pull the plug and stop any new ones. Too much big money being invested for this to continue forever.

Back to the thread here, I just reged SLOTS (dot) how

A premium at reg fee IMO, TY Google. :xf.wink:

•••
How many websites do you know with "how" suffix/prefix?
I know only one site: wikiHOW.com

•••
Why do you need websites with how prefix/suffix?

•••
Google says this TLD is not supported.

How is it?

howdomains.png

nameconm.png

BUT, STOP! THIS IS THEIR OWN TLD!
.howww.png

https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/how.html

Epic fail for "Google Domains".

•••
I dont think we should look for sites that already utilize a prefix or suffix as a basis for our extension choice.
I only say this because many of the nTLDs would those parameters if we try to affix that template to domain extension choices.
I can not think of a site that I ever visit that has a prefix/suffix of ROCKS, CLUB, NINJA, XYZ, **COM** for that matter, ORG, and the list goes on.

Lets face the facts... these nTLDs are NOT going to go away. They are going to be here to stay. Either we can adjust and find new ways to make profit from them, or we can wallow in our own misery complaining about the good old days.

My personal feeling is that hacks are cute if you can create them in a given extension.
Keywords with search volume are still... keywords with search volume. That is probably where the bread and butter will be.

Some nTLDs will take off... others will languish behind, its a gamble but there is $$$ to be made once the dust settles. We just have to figure out how to make it.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
Google says this TLD is not supported.

Personal thought on this, because I noticed the same thing after the launch of .HOW.
I would hazard to bet that its the same reason why Google does not promote the extensions at all.

Just think about it for a quick second, Google has 36 extensions lined up to come out BUT no one has heard of a single one (out side of some domainers) because Google has not advertised them at all.
Why?
It would be a few simple lines of code to put up on their search engine.
I would assume it is because there would be a HUGE number of people who would cry FOUL!!!
Claim that Google is promoting their own brand(s) over any other brand of nTLDs.
Same would hold true for Google domain selling their own extensions.

I dont know the facts... but I would guess it would have to be something along those lines.
Google does not want the headache of dealing with those perpetual victims that come out of the wood work the moment they smell money in the air.

I have another theory about the game of domains changing as we know it and that is the reason for Google lining up 36 extensions to come out.
I dont take Google to be dumb when money is involved.
36 extensions at (least) $200k a pop comes out to about $7.2 million. Even though they are a Billion dollar business, it is still a chunk of change so there has to be something at play here that we are not privy to.

Just my thoughts again

Cheers

•••
Personal thought on this, because I noticed the same thing after the launch of .HOW.
I would hazard to bet that its the same reason why Google does not promote the extensions at all.

Just think about it for a quick second, Google has 36 extensions lined up to come out BUT no one has heard of a single one (out side of some domainers) because Google has not advertised them at all.
Why?
It would be a few simple lines of code to put up on their search engine.
I would assume it is because there would be a HUGE number of people who would cry FOUL!!!
Claim that Google is promoting their own brand(s) over any other brand of nTLDs.
Same would hold true for Google domain selling their own extensions.

I dont know the facts... but I would guess it would have to be something along those lines.
Google does not want the headache of dealing with those perpetual victims that come out of the wood work the moment they smell money in the air.

I have another theory about the game of domains changing as we know it and that is the reason for Google lining up 36 extensions to come out.
I dont take Google to be dumb when money is involved.
36 extensions at (least) $200k a pop comes out to about $7.2 million. Even though they are a Billion dollar business, it is still a chunk of change so there has to be something at play here that we are not privy to.

Just my thoughts again

Cheers

One thing to keep in mind, Google want's a functional web for everyone. New gTLD's are not integrated on the web yet. You can't even get a Skype-account with a new gTLD email. Heck there are even registries running ccTLD's that don't support new gTLD email's yet. Things like this needs to be sorted out first before they should recommend the common user these domains.

•••
One thing to keep in mind, Google want's a functional web for everyone. New gTLD's are not integrated on the web yet. You can't even get a Skype-account with a new gTLD email. Heck there are even registries running ccTLD's that don't support new gTLD email's yet. Things like this needs to be sorted out first before they should recommend the common user these domains.

True to a point.
Everything new has its buildup but we are not talking about how versatile any TLD is at this point.
My thought process has to do with Google not even acknowledging that they have created their own brand(s) of TLDs. Before something becomes integrated into a system, there has to be some effort to promote it even on the basic level. How else will anyone know that it even exists.
**A far fetched for instance** is that a person creates a teleport system but tells no one about it. Would you expect it to be widely used if no one knows of its existence?
I know that is way out there in comparison but the basis is fundamentally the same.

Everything has a buildup, everything has a beginning. nTLDs are not new. Well... they are in this LARGE of numbers in a short span of time. The utilization of the extensions will happen organically once the general populace starts to embrace extensions and for that to happen, they must first know that they are there.

Google already has a ready audience. A small well placed ad will drive all kinds of traffic if for nothing more then informational purposes.
I still stick to what I said above. There is a reason they are not promoting... at least not yet.

Just a thought.

Cheers

•••
Why should google promote their extension...have you ever noticed .PW, .WS and .cc names coming in first even when you search for some popular keywords

Ex: search for YouTube video download online....

•••
Why should google promote their extension...have you ever noticed .PW, .WS and .cc names coming in first even when you search for some popular keywords

Ex: search for YouTube video download online....
I don't understand your correlation on this.
a .CC comes in 2nd on Google with that search "YouTube video download online".
The same .CC comes in 1st when you search "YouTube video converter".
Its just how that site SEO'ed it utilizing "video and converter" along with "YouTube" as their main keywords.
SEO is the biggest part of search engine searches.

Several factors go into SEO to include "age" of the domain and "back links" which usually ties into age again.
The longer a site has been around the better chance of it acquiring back links.
Keywords of the domain name make it "easier" to rate higher in SEO but is NOT a must. It helps a LOT when you are in a tight competitive area (coffee for example, would help a lot if you had coffee in your domain name) but its not mandatory.
This is why SEOs get paid rather well when they are any good at doing what they do. Companies will snatch them up to drive in traffic in a highly competitive market.

Again, to put my thoughts into your question on why Google should promote. 1) So that there is a general awareness of the extension. 2) They have already committed about $200k to bring one of the extensions to market (in this case .HOW), and it would make good business sense to attempt to recoup at least that amount (better if it was more) because you don't stay in business if you just squander funds.
3) Promotion on their part will cost a trivial amount of $$$ when compared to the capital already invested just to create the extension let alone maintain it and would probably render a better then expected yield because of the already apparent clout that Google has to bring to the table.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
Google launches tips and tricks focused .HOW domain
http://www.get.how/

p.s. good news for nTLD investors...

•••
Nice catch... Where did you find that one at?

•••
•••
TNW: Tactical Nuclear Weapon: TNW: Total Net Worth: TNW: Tactical Nuclear Warfare: TNW: Travel News Weekly TNW: Thyssen Nordseewerke

TNW... I got nothing.
I have no idea what that stands for.

•••
•••
Thank you... never been to heard of that site before.
I have to check it out.

Cheers

•••
I've not been much of a believer in the new gTLD's, but I genuinely feel .how will be a success years down the line. I'm going to invest in this and let me explain why.

- Backed by one of the biggest companies in the world and they really are pushing it well http://www.get.how/
- An intuitive TLD, one that instantly makes sense unlike ones like .xyz etc. It's obvious what a .how is to be used for and it really fits for one of the main reasons people use the web, to learn.
- No ridiculous pricing on premium domains, and the standard reg fee is at a nice rate to attract end users and at the same time put off spammers from polluting the tld.

It just makes sense in my opinion.

•••
So far, .how is the heaviest I'm in of the new gTLDs.
My count is 5 approved and 2 "processing" (they have been going for a few days now... have to wait to see how it turns out). With any luck the other 2 will pass under radar.

Did you end up picking one up Dave?

Cheers

•••
How many domains are registered in a given zone?

•••
What do you mean "in a given zone"?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back