Dynadot

How Often Does Afternic Price Request Result In A Sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How often have you sold domains via Afternic price request inquiry and how can you make sure that you make a sale when such inquiry comes in?

I just felt I should ask more experienced folks here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
and u didn't follow up on it to know what the buyer might want to offer or you werent considering lesser than that.
There isn't any way to follow up on AF price requests...

•••
more than 20 price requests for different domains, 0 sales
(For one domain, I had a price request from Afternic and quoted 2300 usd. I received direct offer from buyer after two weeks and sold it for $2000 usd :xf.smile:)

•••
There isn't any way to follow up on AF price requests...
There is actually. I did follow up and found out that the buyer offered $22 lol @Joe Styler helped me out with it

•••
There is actually. I did follow up and found out that the buyer offered $22 lol @Joe Styler helped me out with it

You mean we have to go via Joe and/or Afternic support?
Did not know that. Thank you

•••
You mean we have to go via Joe and/or Afternic support?
Did not know that. Thank you
I emailed both the sales manager and Joe, Joe helped me accelerate the whole thing so I could get a prompt response from them.

•••
•••
only one request on no sale.
i have listed all my domain with a bin, sold on domain this month at afternic

•••
only one request on no sale.
i have listed all my domain with a bin, sold on domain this month at afternic
How many names do you have listed?

•••
My experience at afternic says BIN is the best option, as for price request, i had number of like tons of inquries but negligible sales just 2 or 3 that too where i had to bring the price down, only if you have huge premium names where high 4 or 5 fig is minimum to get then you can afford to keep that name in a request, otherwise usually always go for BIN with make offer option, works best for me.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
how much did you sold the domain name?
just few bucks. i price most of my domains low to mid $$$ and why i keep few at low to mid four figure at afternic

•••
Hundreds of requests, 0 sales.

I advise listing domains in every platform so to put your domain in front of more eyes but make the deal of market. No BIN prices unless for lower quality domains.

Usually there is not much feedback about who the buyer is and most of the time they are tire kickers and a waste of time.

Always quote them with above market prices and add the middleman commission for average domains.

For top domains don't even waste time replying to automated quote requests. If the buyer is for real he will reach you directly or use a broker after getting no answer.

•••
HI

Similar experience here, I have had 20+ price requests, but nothing more... no other inquiries, offers, or peep. With other platforms, I can see the info on the request, including name/email etc and I am able to follow up with the interested party, or the broker is.

I'm always looking at ulterior motives, ie my domain at godaddy is getting close to renewal, like days away, and i get a " hey we have someone looking at your domain, please give update your buy now and price list" type email to encourage me to renew the name? Or just a bot going around messaging domain holders who have not updated their pricing ie buy now or min offer, to encourage them to log into their account and update pricing, this potentially could help with the traffic to afternic's domain, and time on site in google's eyes? ( probably not a big win but could help?)

any other opinions?

thanx Dan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back