Dynadot

purchases How not to receive a response to your domainbuy inquiry...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How not to receive a response to your domainbuy inquiry - some tips.

Locate a good domain which is owned by another domainer, but is not for sale (or has a makeoffer form), and:

Send an email from gmail address, signing it as "James Smith" or something popular, with just one question "is the domain for sale and, if so, how much?". (and, should you receive a response with a price, add 100% to the price you got... and start spamming the whole world offering the domain as *yours* even before you have it).

Represent yourself as a poor college student, but do not forget to include a tracking pixel into email body ;)

Send followup emails mentioning various credits, or banks that are ready to give you a loan, that you wish to purchase the domain only before Christmas or never. Still not making any offer.

Try to convinience another domainer to sell directly with an extra discount, by removing the broker (if any) or the marketplace. Another domainer definitely does not care about his paypal account security and would be very happy to receive $$$ from unknown source. Nor does he care about good and honest relationships with a broker / markerplace he knowingly outsourced the domainsale to.

If the domain has fixed BIN, offer 1%-2% of the BIN price, no more. Whopping $50 would be the best bet.

* The post is a sort of satire. No intention to offend anybody. But it based on a large collection of communications I frequently receive ;-() *

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I get a similar email I direct them to:

www.mapledots.com/contact

It is very specific about what information is required to receive a response.

I DO NOT ANSWER ANY INQUIRY THAT DOES NOT USE THE ABOVE FORM

Most someone will get is an email directing them to the form and the form is clear that no offer under 1k will be responded too.

I have cut my "can I buy for $100" spam emails down dramatically since implementing this.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back