Dynadot

discuss How much would you pay for...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

{Newbies} How much would you pay for a domain investment guide with proven results?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $0

votes
    63.2%
  • $99-$199

votes
    23.7%
  • $200-$299

votes
    3.9%
  • $299+

votes
    9.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
How much would you pay for a domain investment guide that teaches you how to make a 6 figure income without having to outbound or wait for end-users?

Josh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are many elements that are quite crucial in order for a domainer to make significant profits on a consistent basis- a deep accumulated understanding of branding, linguistics, sales, finances, good communication skills, being able to do tasks that most people would consider boring repeatedly, having great work ethics, devoting a lot of time to it all, being able to invest enough money into it and I'm probably forgetting a bunch.

Most people don't get to the point where they have the right combination of most or all of the above and they lack the patience, discipline and true passion for domaining in order to succeed. What works for Josh, very likely won't work for most people who are fantasizing about making a lot of money fast, instead of learning the craft properly. I also don't think it would be beneficial for anybody for the long term if newbies will have shortcuts that are solely aimed at profiting from other domainers. Though flipping can be profitable and it's definitely helpful to liquidate some names while waiting for end users- IMO targeting other domainers isn't something that people should be learning to do (we're all in the same boat after all, competing for the same names and don't want domain prices in the reseller market to to rise as they're too high as it is), but rather do some flipping organically as they invest the time, study sales, do some trial and error and improve their understanding and skills.

Last edited:
•••
How much should you pay for a quality liquid domain today in order to do that 6 figure from domaining?

Let's be realistic here.. We are talking about today, a real quality domain which is also liquid will cost you 5 figures or more.. and you are suppose to quick flip that to another domain investor for 6 figures? Come on..
I'd say liquid domains start at $100. But anyway, you are guilty of being to narrow minded.

•••
I'd say liquid domains start at $100. But anyway, you are guilty of being to narrow minded.

Well this is another hoax example of a poor sales men...

You call (quality) + (liquid) domains and you quote $100 for it. I am not guilty of being narrow minded you just don't get that people don't buy this type of bullshit in this community except the newbie ones.

If you are quoting $100 a domain and you call it quality and liquid but, it is not. And the fact is you regret to register that domain and trying to flip it for $100. And you think that you are a good marketing guy calling it quality and liquid domain. Another fact is that a successful marketing can only be achieved by great ethics, to make it sustainable. Hello, marketing strategies ?

Last edited:
•••
Well this is another hoax example of a poor sales men...

You call (quality) + (liquid) domains and you quote $100 for it. I am not guilty of being narrow minded you just don't get that people don't buy this type of bullsh*t in this community except the newbie ones.

If you are quoting $100 a domain and you call it quality and liquid but, it is not. The fact is you regret to register that domain and trying to flip it for $100. And you think that you are a good marketing guy calling it quality and liquid domain. Another fact is that a successful marketing can only be achieved by great ethics, to make it sustainable. Hello, marketing strategies ?
Haha! You are hilarious!

Quality is more subjective than the meaning of liquid in domains.

Many liquid domains sell in auction everyday for low $100's. They might not be quality for you yet the domain aftermarket has determined a floor value because of them being perceived of as quality relative to price.

https://namebio.com/?s==ETM4cTO1gTM

Last edited:
•••
Haha! You are hilarious!

Quality is more subjective than the meaning of liquid in domains.

Many liquid domains sell in auction everyday for low $100's. They might not be quality for you yet the domain aftermarket has determined a floor value.

https://namebio.com/?s==ETM4cTO1gTM

A domain which is called Liquid + Quality quoted 100 dollars ...

Thanks, end of the discussion.

P.S: I believe that $100 domains are just growing liability for a domain investor each year.

Last edited:
•••
A domain which is called Liquid + Quality quoted 100 dollars ...

Thanks, end of the discussion.
Hmm. I bought AKUI (dotcom) for $100 recently.

Liquid + quality I feel.

I paid $250 for helloyou.com and sold for $30k
I paid $300 for hdax.com and sold for $30k.

Whatever!

There's no helping people without the bandwidth.

Last edited:
•••
Hmm. I bought AKUI (dotcom) for $100 recently.

Liquid + quality I feel.

I paid $250 for helloyou.com and sold for $30k

There's no helping people without the bandwidth.
If you want to provide examples, tell me about their accusation time.(time you have bought the domain)

helloyou is not a great domain imo. when you visit the site it says coming May 2018 and says We're currently working on creating something fantastic. This is September 2018 btw...

I am not a 4L fan but AKUI is not the worst I have seen in the 4L market.. It is actually nice, but again I wouldn't call that quality and liquid. Sorry!

Yet $100 is a great bargain compared to those reported sales of 4L .coms

Last edited:
•••
30.000 + 30.000 - 550 = not 6 figure income lol.
How many times will you have to buy a 100-1000$ domain and flip it to reach 100K without outbounds.
Also a newbie wouldn't have 20k ready to actively flip domains non stop to make 6 figures.
I wouldn't recommend that title for your stated guide.

•••
If you want to provide examples, tell me about their accusation time.(time you have bought the domain)

helloyou is not a great domain imo. when you visit the site it says coming May 2018 and says We're currently working on creating something fantastic. This is September 2018 btw...

I am not a 4L fan but AKUI is not the worst I have seen in the 4L market.. It is actually nice, but again I wouldn't call that quality and liquid. Sorry!

Yet $100 is a great bargain compared to those reported sales of 4L .coms
I tend to not get into fights with my domains or accuse them of anything

•••
How many times will you have to buy a 100-1000$ domain and flip it to reach 100K without outbounds.
Also a newbie wouldn't have 20k ready to actively flip domains non stop to make 6 figures.
I'm not making a guide bro.

•••
I tend to not get into fights with my domains or accuse them of anything
Sorry it is not my intention to get in a fight or accuse you with anything.That's why I said end of the discussion.

I just believe we have different perception of quality and with the term liquid domains..

Last edited:
•••
Sorry it is not my intention to get in a fight or accuse you with anything.

I just believe we have different perception of quality and with the term liquid domains..
Look. To be clear, your skeptical attitude is the right one to have by default. Only a few dozen people (as my guess), make up the elite - crushing it in this space.

•••
Lol , Nay Sayers are taking over this thread ?

A guide is not necessary for the ones that work hard and research . Others that need the guide won't have the discipline to follow the guidelines .

Good luck

•••
Sounds like you wanna get rich quick. Throw your money on cryptopia

•••
•••
Lol , Nay Sayers are taking over this thread ?
Was that for me? You said nay sayer(s) :blackeye: :sneaky:
A guide is not necessary for the ones that work hard and research . Others that need the guide won't have the discipline to follow the guidelines .

Another great quote on this thread (y)

Plus there is a nice quote: “He who can does; he who cannot, teaches.”

He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches.

"Trust is a fragile thing. Easy to lose and one of the hardest things to ever get back."

Last edited:
•••
I'm not making a guide bro.
I was talking about the author's how to make 6 figures without outbounds or end users.
Flipping liquid domains would be the beginner's nightmare. You can only master the quality of names through experience. Whatever you've read you'll probably jump on that farmhouses.biz once you see it LOL

•••
if I were you I wont bother to ask this kind of question! :xf.grin: if there is a demand, for sure someone will buy it! as long the price reasonable! something like $50 or $100, to be precise I think its about 5-10% from average income!

if u ask this kind of question most people will not give you the truth asnwer, because obviously most ebook are Scam/missleading(that's why Big G banned weightloss product)!:xf.grin: but as seller, I do believe about economic law! i.e if there is demmand soon or later ppl will buy it!

just produce good quality content, create community give free review or discount, if senior in here give good review, Hundreds or even thousand ppl will spend $50-$100 :xf.wink: I can guarantee that! :xf.grin:

How do I know that ? I sell paleo diets ebook, some people buy $50 ! so obviously ppl will buy domain guide

PS: If ppl buy $10 domain for $20000, do you think ppl will not spend $50 :xf.grin: ?

Last edited:
•••
I disagree that flipping liquid names is a beginners nightmare. Investing in liquid domains is actually one of the safest ways for a newbie to enter the industry. The 3L/4L.com market provides limited downside in the short run and long run IMO.... I also disagree with anyone that says all newbies have no money. People with money are allowed to start buying/selling domain names as well :ROFL::banghead:...

Anyway, there are multiple ways of "domaining" and making 6 figs + ...

Here's 3 things that people are doing every single day:

1) Buying a name for $11-$100 in closeouts/expired auctions and selling it for $100-$500. This is very common practice. No outbound. No End-users necessary. (this is 50K ish per year if you're just selling 1 domain per day at $150 on average)

2) Pay low $x,xxx for a domain and sell for mid-high $x,xxx is very common practice. No outbound. No End-users necessary.(Let's say you find 1 good deal every month and make 3K on it, that's 36K)

3) Pay xx,xxx for a domain and make 5K+ is very common practice. No outbound. No End-users necessary. (Let's say you find 1 good deal every quarter and make just 5K on each one, that's $20K)

Once you start combining all 3, a six figure + income is the tip of the iceberg.

The most difficult part of this process is identifying undervalued names.... For some reason people are registering new G's for $10-$500 these days... Not sure how profitable that strategy will be.

If you're working 8-10 hours per day, these are conservative numbers.
(Obviously, depending on your bankroll, you might have to start with low cost names and work your way up over 1 or 2 years.

I was trying to get an idea of whether people would be interested in a guide/book/course and what they might pay for it... I never said I would be the author. All I said, was "How much would you pay for a guide with proven results" without having to rely on end-users and outbound sales. (By "outbound" I mean cold-calling or emailing lists of end-users.)

Feel free to keep discussing this beautiful topic, but that's the last I'll say on the subject.

Last edited:
•••
A good guide with structured chapters and tactics and real life examples for existing domainers. OK. 99$. Good buy.

A guide for newbies. No one will buy it.
For a beginner, 2.000$ is certainly better than 100$ to experiment on names.
20.000$ will only help experienced investors.
A guide where you explain how to spread their 2000$ and profit. OK.
How to access expensive names and make 5.000$ on a 25.000$ domain. Cant be taught by reading.

•••
How much would you pay for a domain investment guide that teaches you how to make a 6 figure income without having to outbound or wait for end-users?

Josh
There is a reason why this is a a total scam. Here is the questions u should ask instead.
1. It depends on how much $ you start with. ( Your bankroll)
2. It depends on your connections.
3. It depends on your IQ
4. It depends on how much time you can invest in it.( Full time or 10 seconds a day)
5. It depends on your knowledge of marketing, sales. tech etc( some people can sell ice to eskimos and some people can hack pentagon, some people cant turn on computer)
6.It depends on your ego, personality, self esteem, personal situation ( kids , wife etc)
7. The real question you should ask is. " How stupid are u to pay for a book? 1 to 10. 10 Being dumbest LOL

Last edited:
•••
"successful" :-,

I didn't use a "guide" or "course" of any kind ...But I also spent/wasted a lot of time and money throughout 2013/14.

If I could go back, knowing what I know now, I would 100% pay $499 and go through the DN Academy course. Why? ... I've heard good things and I trust Michael. A structured resource would have been very useful IMO.

I don't believe in this silly fable that you have to learn from mistakes in order to be successful.... Yes, you should learn from mistakes, but it's even better when you don't make those mistakes in the first place.

100% agree with you mate.

Just because we have made mistakes when we started should not mean others must also follow the same route. If we can help newcomers in any way, it should be considered as giving back.

Besides, if someone believes in this 'learning from their own mistakes' theory, then I don't know why sites/blogs like NamePros exists. If experienced domainers would advice newcomers to go out there and learn from their mistakes, then why bother contributing to domaining sites at all? Just to show sales or boost their egos?

We learn from each others' mistakes and that's why we see domaining blogs and forums with domainers who share their knowledge, skills and experience with newcomers to understand and get started in domaining industry.

Domain investing is very broad and it changes a lot. So even after reading such guides, newcomers would still have a lot of 'opportunities' to commit 'mistakes' and learn from them. But if a guide can provide them a solid foundation about domain investing and teaches them how they can start investing in the right domain names without wasting in junk domains, I wouldn't say that guide is not needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
•••
The most difficult part of this process is identifying undervalued names
That's very true in almost any investment.

•••
So the guide excludes outbound and inbound sales, but still promises to make you 6 figures?

If something sounds too good to be true, ...

"...and I just stuck it on Namejet"

Last edited:
•••
Domainers are generally cheapskates (myself included). So don't expect them to pay much, if anything.

I find most guides about flipping domains, rehashed or including non-effective methods. Now the real "secrets" are just that, secrets no one is willing to share. Or once they do, they are no longer that and become diluted less effective methods.

I've sold several domains for over six figures over the years. In fact, I was able to buy a domain at flippa a few yrs ago for under 10K and flip it for over six figures a year later. So what I would consider my secrets, I'm sure some people would pay for. But then there are more advanced domainers that would consider that knowledge basic and nothing new.

So to answer your question what would I pay? It all depends on your offer, sales page and guarantee. If it sounds good and I think there are some secret golden nuggets I'll get from it and you offer a money back guarantee, then yes sure I'll pay what you're selling it for..within reason.

Where do I check it out?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back