IT.COM

discuss How much would you pay for...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

{Newbies} How much would you pay for a domain investment guide with proven results?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $0

votes
    63.2%
  • $99-$199

votes
    23.7%
  • $200-$299

votes
    3.9%
  • $299+

votes
    9.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
How much would you pay for a domain investment guide that teaches you how to make a 6 figure income without having to outbound or wait for end-users?

Josh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
8jjEFwL.jpg

•••
•••
Not so sure I agree with your statements

First: The guide would probably not be targeted at experienced domainers but in my opinion one is never too old to learn. I for one would probably purchase such a guide to see if there is anything written I am overlooking.

Second: You have to look at the source or author of the guide. Josh is no slouch in the industry. In my dealings with him he has been one of the more knowledgeable domainers I have conversed with. Josh did not say he was going to be the author of the guide but we could only be so lucky if it turned out that he was authoring it.
My statement purely based on my thought, it wasn't intend to target any "domainer".

Everyone had choice & different thinking.

•••
So the guide excludes outbound and inbound sales, but still promises to make you 6 figures?

If something sounds too good to be true, ...

Lol,

I will be interested if the guide explain how to convert $10 hand reg name into 6 figure.

I would not interested converting my 5 figure purchase into 6 figure.

•••
Lol,

I will be interested if the guide explain how to convert $10 hand reg name into 6 figure.

I would not interested converting my 5 figure purchase into 6 figure.
Certainly not either of those.

I haven’t ever sold a name (that belongs to me) for 6 figures. Hopefully I will by the end of 2018 though...

The key for me is more about making $300/Day and $2100 /Week.

I didn’t make much money with domains until 2016 when I began implementing the things I had learned at work (I was in sales).
A lot of what I was missing involved structure and daily goals.

My daily goals still involve multiple things ranging from acquisitions, to sales, to brokerage, and more.
Fail on the day, and you’ll probably fail on the week. Fail on the week and you’ll probably fail on the year... that’s when you need to get “lucky” with a big deal. (Not applicable to established domain investors that are selling xx,xxx+ domains monthly)

I just wanted to see what the general feedback would be on a resource that I think could benefit a lot of people. It would not be a non-profit endeavour and not looking for any backlash, so we can definitely forget about it.

A willingness to learn is quite rare these days. Perhaps; Pride, skepticism, and a lack of belief get in people’s way...Or maybe everyone has been lying and we’re all making huge annual profits in domaining 🙀🤑 ... polls are funny.

Interesting that a lot of the people already doing well in the industry manage to find the positives/benefits.

Last edited:
•••
Domaining has changed, automation has made it very expensive. Back in 2011 you could get good drops, hugenames started stepping in, and changing the game, and now they own that side of the business. As well the auctions have pretty much been integrated into two major operators running them, and there is some big dollars chasing the same domains which these such course categorize as the type of domains you should be buying.

You need to invest serious money to make money, and carry a portfolio, anyone that tells you otherwise is the one who caught that 1% one time early sale, or just trying to sell you something else.

Auctions that used to go for min bid, or closeouts sell for $xx-$2xx now, take a roll of the dice terms, after buying a few dozen of these, you have a lot of carrying costs with no guarantee of sales. Commissions are up also, which means less for you. When you sell a home usually it blends out to about 2.5-3%, in this industry 20-30% for an non tangible item is absurd.

•••
Domaining has changed, automation has made it very expensive. Back in 2011 you could get good drops, hugenames started stepping in, and changing the game, and now they own that side of the business. As well the auctions have pretty much been integrated into two major operators running them, and there is some big dollars chasing the same domains which these such course categorize as the type of domains you should be buying.

You need to invest serious money to make money, and carry a portfolio, anyone that tells you otherwise is the one who caught that 1% one time early sale, or just trying to sell you something else.

Auctions that used to go for min bid, or closeouts sell for $xx-$2xx now, take a roll of the dice terms, after buying a few dozen of these, you have a lot of carrying costs with no guarantee of sales. Commissions are up also, which means less for you. When you sell a home usually it blends out to about 2.5-3%, in this industry 20-30% for an non tangible item is absurd.
You’re not wrong.
Cutting out 10-30% commissions is incredibly important.

One of the reasons I can’t understand why people use Undeveloped over Efty (or their own landers).

•••
One of the reasons I can’t understand why people use Undeveloped over Efty (or their own landers).

All my domains forward to my lander, I cannot see giving away any commission that I don't have to. It's even more important now that whois has become so restrictive. I would never forward a domain to a marketplace because then I have to pay commission. If someone finds it on a marketplace then that is different.

•••
I've had a few private PM's and just wanted to make something clear.

I could never promise anyone a dime in profit...That's not how life/business works.

I am simply interested in knowing whether people would be interested in an organized resource with a disciplined structure that makes it easier to achieve a 6 figure + income from domains... The answer is mostly "No", sooo moving on.

Last edited:
•••
I'm an Information junky, always have been. Hated school due to the environment, structure etc that they force on you and was more interested in reading about non curricular subjects anyway.

I would not sign up for an "academy" learning scenario as I prefer reading and learning in a solo environment where I can digest the info at my own pace and make my own judgements. If I have questions I have friends that are much smarter than me and bounce off them with my ideas.

If a guide was written from a proven successful person within the industry then this would be of serious interest to me - I would not pay through the nose for it @Haroon Basha hit the sweet spot with his pricing suggestions.

@Josh R Let me know if you go ahead with it......

•••
So the guide excludes outbound and inbound sales, but still promises to make you 6 figures?

If something sounds too good to be true, ...
Waiting for end-users is obviously still going to happen (those are the "lucky" sales). I'm just saying that you can make good money without having to outbound or wait for end-users.

•••
Waiting for end-users is obviously still going to happen (those are the "lucky" sales). I'm just saying that you can make good money without having to outbound or wait for end-users.
I will pay you $100 now if you can teach me how to turn my 100+ junkie name to a sale of $10,000 before the year runs out and will even pay you 20% of all the sales amount

•••
I will pay you $100 now if you can teach me how to turn my 100+ junkie name to a sale of $10,000 before the year runs out and will even pay you 20% of all the sales amount
:banghead:

•••
•••
@Kamaldeen What I think Josh is trying to tell you is that junk is junk. If you want to make money- you need good domains.

•••
•••
@Josh R Would you mind explaining the head slamming into the wall for me and Kamaldeen? We seem to have interpreted it in different ways.

•••
•••
Exactly what @SuperBrander is saying.

One of the biggest issues is that It's impossible to succeed if you've got junk domains. If you like buying/selling junk, then you'll have to start a junkyard...

I hate get rich quick schemes, and all these scammy lookiing YouTube advertisements with lambos in the background. They aren't ALL full of shit, but they do make people believe that it's easy which it's not... None of these things are easy. It takes hard word.

Last edited:
•••

@Josh R has to say nothing, the poster has already said he has junkie names.

No more needs to be said after that

•••
•••
I also would not pay for such a guide. If people want to share their knowledge they should post how to’s right here or on their own website for free.

This forum has a ton of collective experience and yet very few this is how I did it or step by step guides for newbs.

Simple fact is we are almost all self taught and nobody wants to give their secrets away to the competition. Anyone who says otherwise is blowing smoke.

What kind of posts would I like to see at this early juncture in my domaining odyssey? One that comes to mind is how to decide what names to keep and what to drop and what goes into that decision making process.

That’s just one example-many important topics we all face are never really discussed in detail.

•••
How much would you pay for a domain investment guide that teaches you how to make a 6 figure income without having to outbound or wait for end-users?

Josh

Hi Josh

I wouldn't pay for it, because the guide would always be incomplete

as the writer could not conceive or anticipate many of the intricacies that may come up.

a guide, like a map, may not show detours or roadblocks

whereas real time posts, threads and chats, may provide instant insight or clarification.

these things can be acquired for free on this forum and on other forums/boards with longevity, by simply using the search feature.

Josh} said:
You think DN Academy is a scam?

You can be successful by taking bits and pieces from NP for sure, but I don’t think it’s organized in a way that most people can easily process and learn from.
I know that because most newish people on this forum indicate that they are losing money or making very little.

this is probably due to their own laziness
many newbies want to be spoon-fed information and as you can see, many ask the same questions over and over again.
it's because they don't want to do the research, they only want to sell, sell, sell

so, if they won't do the research, will they actually read a guide?
and, would they actually read it or just read what they want to hear?

the author may or may not care, as long as this new pick and shovel sells.
but that depends on the motive.

Josh said:
I haven’t used DN Academy or anything but I’m surprised more people don’t use that resource, as I’d imagine it’s organized very well.

recommending something you haven't used, while trying to gauge by poll what you want newbies to use and how much they would pay for it... doesn't ring right

as others may still have sour memories who signed up for DNFCollege, which operated on same premise as this academy.

not implying anything, but dots connect and we don't want newbs to get caught up in similar ending.

Josh said:
On a side note: I think most people think that to make money, you need to sell to end-users which is false.

I agree with that

to me, it's about selling for my price, not so much if buyer is gonna end use it or not.

also, @ Josh, my post is not personal against you, just wanted to point out my concerns.

imo….

•••
Hi Josh

I wouldn't pay for it, because the guide would always be incomplete

as the writer could not conceive or anticipate many of the intricacies that may come up.

a guide, like a map, may not show detours or roadblocks

whereas real time posts, threads and chats, may provide instant insight or clarification.

these things can be acquired for free on this forum and on other forums/boards with longevity, by simply using the search feature.

this is probably due to their own laziness
many newbies want to be spoon-fed information and as you can see, many ask the same questions over and over again.
it's because they don't want to do the research, they only want to sell, sell, sell

so, if they won't do the research, will they actually read a guide?
and, would they actually read it or just read what they want to hear?

the author may or may not care, as long as this new pick and shovel sells.
but that depends on the motive.

recommending something you haven't used, while trying to gauge by poll what you want newbies to use and how much they would pay for it... doesn't ring right

as others may still have sour memories who signed up for DNFCollege, which operated on same premise as this academy.

not implying anything, but dots connect and we don't want newbs to get caught up in similar ending.

I agree with that

to me, it's about selling for my price, not so much if buyer is gonna end use it or not.

also, @ Josh, my post is not personal against you, just wanted to point out my concerns.

imo….
All very valid points IMO.
Great insight.

Like I said, I was just interested in people's thoughts. I always call it how I see it, and expect the same from others. It's never personal :) Thanks @biggie

•••
the search button on namepros :xf.laugh:
...there is one? whoa - revelation - who knew!
To answer the OP's question - perhaps the $99 mark, but prefer around half that. I'm sure there'd be great info, but is there an element of clickbait in the Question?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back