NameSilo

domain How much to start with For TECHIT.io ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vimalPatra

Established Member
Impact
I am having techit.io and think that's pretty big domain name, It can be sold for much higher prices and depends on potential buyes, but where should i set the ball rolling from? I am thinking around a 500$ . Give your suggestions you pros!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No like io or ai
Like .tech

•••
I agree with the rest. Reg-fee on this one. If you can get XX you are lucky

•••
I agree with the rest. Reg-fee on this one. If you can get XX you are lucky
what the hell? see some auctions on this site itself domains selling at so higher price... long two word domains that makes no sense.. here i am getting these comments for a name that makes sense and just 6 letters?

•••
what the hell? see some auctions on this site itself domains selling at so higher price... long two word domains that makes no sense.. here i am getting these comments for a name that makes sense and just 6 letters?

Since your account is new I will assume you are new to domaining as well.

The fact that you don't understand why this domain is not good also points to the possibility that you are a newbie.

Please don't be offended by our appraisal of your domain name.

It is not done to be malicious.

Many of us who are commenting on your domain have been at this for quite a while.

We usually suggest that newbies study for a while before making domain name purchases.

This is a good idea so you will not lose a lot of money investing in bad names.

If it makes you feel better we all went through this phase and were where you are now.

You will get better at this. :xf.smile:

Dot IO names are better if they are single word names, and only certain types of names sell.

Check NameBio to see what I mean.

As a disclaimer, I always say this is a crazy business and bad names do sometimes sell.

But don't count on it.

Last edited:
•••
Since your account is new I will assume you are new to domaining as well.

The fact that you don't understand why this domain is not good also points to the possibility that you are a newbie.

Please don't be offended by our appraisal of your domain name.

It is not done to be malicious.

Many of us who are commenting on your domain have been at this for quite a while.

We usually suggest that newbies study for a while before making domain name purchases.

This is a good idea so you will not lose a lot of money investing in bad names.

If it makes you feel better we all went through this phase and were where you are now.

You will get better at this. :xf.smile:

Dot IO names are better if they are single word names, and only certain types of names sell.

Check NameBio to see what I mean.

Even as a dot com this name would not be good.

As a disclaimer, I always say this is a crazy business and bad names do sometimes sell.

But don't count on it.

I dont understand why even as a .com wouldn't it sell haven't you looked at the scarcity of sense making domains less than 10 letters in .com and if this would have been a techit.com then it has a 6 letter short name and a .com and it makes perfect sense and a big plus for seo.. who wouldnt wanna acquire it.. can you back your opinion? And if you do, what do you people buy? Something like News.com, Hello.com, tech.com, Phones.com cause I dont think they are available since the last decade and what is name bio is it a site.. ?

•••
I dont understand why even as a .com wouldn't it sell haven't you looked at the scarcity of sense making domains less than 10 letters in .com and if this would have been a techit.com then it has a 6 letter short name and a .com and it makes perfect sense and a big plus for seo.. who wouldnt wanna acquire it.. can you back your opinion? And if you do, what do you people buy? Something like News.com, Hello.com, tech.com, Phones.com cause I dont think they are available since the last decade and what is name bio is it a site.. ?

Actually I was wrong about the dot com.

As a dot com it could sell, and is not a bad name.

As a dot IO it is not very good.

what is name bio

NameBio/com

•••
Okay.. If you are saying that you have experience in selling domains.. then what kind of domains do you think are good with .com and .io , A brief description would be fine

•••
Okay.. If you are saying that you have experience in selling domains.. then what kind of domains do you think are good with .com and .io , A brief description would be fine

That is not something I can teach you in a simple post.

May I suggest you study this forum and learn as much as you can.

As I said before, please don't take my comments personally.

I do not mean to offend you.

With time, we all learn this game, but it does take time, study and experience.

You will get there. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Brandables work better on .com. It's sellable but don't expect much.

•••
•••
The most crucial period in domaining is when u r a newbie. U tend to loose more money in excitement of the fact that u found a shortcut to riches.
As u gain insights n knowledge, one day u look back at your initial domains n u laugh at urself "wht was I thinking??"

A minimum 100 hours of quality reading into this sector is recommended before u buy anything further.

Be regular visitor of
Namebio
Expireddomains
Domaining
Namepros
Dnjournal etc

Always remember, a wise man is full of doubts whereas a fool is always full of confidence.
At namepros, we r all here to help each other

•••
I've actually sold several brandable .io domains to tech endusers, but I have to say this isn't the kind of name that sells. You have to be extra careful with .io, registration and renewal fees are very high compared to .com. It also takes more knowhow to make a sale.

My advice would be to auction this domain with a $1 start, and hope for the best.

•••
Brandables work better on .com. It's sellable but don't expect much.
By the way this isn't exactly a brandable is it? I think this is better for a tech startup!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back