IT.COM

How much does a top web site cost in 2014?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
We are thinking to open a top online marketing web site and we Woundring How much a top website (About 1 Million traffic per day) cost in this days.

Thanks,
Lala

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wasn't having a "go" at you.

•••
I wasn't having a "go" at you.

My bad.
But i wasn't feeling offended or something, eh.
This thread is quite interesting for me indeed.

•••
Here it is... And I never talked about shared hosting or no staff, I was pretty clear, it's impossible to say more, it depends on a lot of other variables not mentioned.

We will start from small, But what interested me more is the costs of a top website.

In his first post lala stated With 1M daily visitors. He never said anything about starting small, with a shared hosting account, a free wordpress theme, and no staff. That doesn't come cheap. Maybe we should ask him, what is your budget? What resources do you currently have?

The budget is $40k per year.

•••
We will start from small, But what interested me more is the costs of a top website.

The budget is $40k per year.

For hosting, bandwidth, and programming?

Good luck with that.

•••
With 1M real views / day, $40k would cover servers fee for 2-3 months.
Plus you have to add programming and advertising.

At the beginning they can be enough, for the first 3-4 months i guess, with freelancer programmers and similar cheap things. It's possible, not much professional but possible.

•••
if you could get an estimate of monthly maintenance costs, say for namepros, bodis or any major ppc and multiply that number accordingly, to scale for 1m/day uniques.

perhaps a picture of "cost for that load" would help predict/project theorized expenses.

imo...

•••
With 1M real views / day, $40k would cover servers fee for 2-3 months.
Plus you have to add programming and advertising.

At the beginning they can be enough, for the first 3-4 months i guess, with freelancer programmers and similar cheap things. It's possible, not much professional but possible.

if you could get an estimate of monthly maintenance costs, say for namepros, bodis or any major ppc and multiply that number accordingly, to scale for 1m/day uniques.

perhaps a picture of "cost for that load" would help predict/project theorized expenses.

imo...

Thanks for the great info and ideas.
I Appreciate it guys!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back