NameSilo

How many languages are you fluent in and how has that helped you as a domain investor?

Labeled as discuss in Misc. Professional Topics, started by Idris B., Feb 18, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Idris B.

Idris B. idris.cc

Well, I am relatively new to domain investing. I have always used English as the primary language since I started.

I have not yet sold any domain to a particular end user but, does being fluent in other languages help?

I have read that what matters the most is your ability to sell but, I'm still curious.

Kindly share your experiences. :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It does help when investing in ccTLDs for example. In languages other than English.

No, the one thing that matters is the quality of your inventory. Good name sell for themselves. Good sales skills will not help when you own bad names

3. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

I am fluent at 5 languages and am decent at 4 more.

It does help, of course, to see good and/or bad potential in a name, but English is still the king, of course, when it comes to meaning. Chinese is catching up, but that one I haven't studied.

4. Canadian

Canadian new gTLD enthusiast

I beg to differ

5. ZapNano

ZapNano :( VIP

Diversifying on everything encluding domain names, languages or dialect can advance you in overall life. My no sense contribution :)

6. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Most domainers speak "domainese". And sadly, that dot .com is taken :D

7. adsorbable

adsorbable Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

I speak english and german and it certainly helps lol. Often 1 letter can make the big traffic difference for domains.. a translator might get you the correct word but using the correct form is different ;)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice