IT.COM

poll How many domains you own?

NameSilo
Watch

How many domains do you own?

How big your domain portfolio?

I start from myself: I own 10 domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sales will tell indeed.

Regarding parking income, I don't believe in that. Way too little money.

Would rather build a website, I mean, what is so difficult to put up a cms and add 10-20 pages? Then over the course of a year you can earn significantly more via adsense if you don't have more lucrative ideas.

Not to mention that a developed domain will be much more interesting and will value more to an end customer.
But stats of domains that parked is key feature. That to know "only domain" is enought to park it.

•••
I have about 9,950 domains, most of them .com followed by .de.

I like to collect things and I like trial and error and learning by doing and so is the quality of my portfolio. No super excellent names, a few quite good ones, a lot of hmmm ones and too much crap which drops regularly after I had to accept it is crap.

I believe there is a domainer evolution. I am mostly handregging and buy a lot of names in Expired Auctions. I am aware that instead of handregging of say 200 names out of the blue (not really, there is a plan behind it and no name maker machine) I should buy one good, fair priced name in the aftermarket. But there is a mental barrier and a financial limitation to do so if you "have" to renew 9,950 other names. I am at least moving towards the next step of the evolution.

However, I like domaining as you do and I am satisfied. Self-critics is appropiate not to lose the approach of steadily improving and (Lord, please) reducing the portfolio as well as showing others (beginners) that a high number of medium quality domains is no value.

Last edited:
•••
Easy Clothes .net is available for register and I long period thought that it is good domain, is not?

Sorry I don't do appraisals. Just as a comment, I would not spend a single cent on that domain.

Edit: Not even for the corresponding .com, if by chance it was available.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am down to 90 but that's 89 to many 🤪

•••
•••
Can vary between 1.3% and 1.8%.

•••
•••
600 mostly .com
I own a few ngtlds.
2 x .LY
2 x .io
1 x .link
2x .xyz
3x .click
1 x .pizza
1 x .Ninja
My best ngtlds are: Lend (0) click and Fresh (0) Works.

Last edited:
•••
I joined this forum a month back!
Right now I own 15 Domains

I've Sold 2 Domains

Will go slow and steady, not gonna reg craps, will try to find some quality stuff.

•••
Not true. I sold one my handreg half a year ago SouthernUkraine.com at NP auctions for $1. Hand regs can sell but cheap, the better to buy domains.
I've sold over 6 hand regs all low XXX, so yes, Hand regs sells

•••
Currently at 47, four months into the industry. Target is keep a range of 200-300 quality names during my stay in the industry. Currently inclined to hand reg and it's paying off quite okay, I've made 400% of investment from sales. Maybe with more sales I'll focus on auction and closeouts

•••

Sold 7 names this year, so a 3.72% sell through ratio......

Will very rarely hand reg now (Saying that if a new trend appears like Defi will take a look :xf.smile:), mainly looking at liquid or aftermarket names on Namepros and other places...

Out of the current 188 I will be dropping 30 - 40 names with a view to buying a similar amount next year.

Personally think 200 and below is a good number for me......

•••
I now have 1200 domains.
Sold 3 names this year

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back