Domain Empire

discuss How many actually like gTLDs or just want to make money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Why do you care about the new gTLDs?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Profit

votes
    21.0%
  • Potential

votes
    21.8%
  • Right of dot needs to change

votes
    10.1%
  • I don't care

votes
    42.9%
  • Other (please explain)

votes
    4.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
I remember when I first got into domaining I would jump on every new extension thinking I would get rich, then when renewals came around I was like "ok bye bye". Maybe I could have made a fortune on some of them, but ultimately it seems like the consensus is Dot Com is King.

Don't get me wrong, I see huge potential in a shift from .com to .anything with many niche markets being adequately contained in one space. However, .com is just so engrained in everyone's brains I think the nostalgic aspect of that will be hard to change.

My personal opinion is that the new gTLDs will be too confusing in advertising and people won't necessarily know that whatever.anything is a website. Then gTLD campaigns will have to start adding www.whatever.anything which will defeat the whole purpose and people will be like "aww heck, .com".

6a00d834522c0b69e2019b02746dc7970c-pi

Do you actually think gTLDs will be standard or do you love .COM too much?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe we support .coms because we grew up with only .coms around as big names so we fancy .com names more. Maybe the next generation prefers xyz.club more than xyzclub.com and suddenly .coms will no longer be cool anymore :(

•••
there are no com's available ( i mean good 1 word coms ) there are many busiesses , they need good domains , they have the right to get a decent name, not only the company that are here since 1950 ....
even ngtld good names are really rare...

•••
I am sticking to my guns I only see a few new generics as being a threat to what is the norm, imo the rest are garbage, premium prices will come down as time goes on I am happy I got a bunch that are sweet and I got them in week 1 more realistically the first day of GA. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back