Domain Empire

.tv How Long Until All Decent One-Word TVs are Regged?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wondering how long everyone thinks it will be until all decent/normal-language 1-word .tv domains are registered?

And once this occurs will it dramatically increase the value of our 1-word TVs?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wondering how long everyone thinks it will be until all decent/normal-language 1-word .tv domains are registered?

And once this occurs will it dramatically increase the value of our 1-word TVs?

You mean where people go through the dictionary and register just about everything? I think most people have moved on from that kind of thing.

•••
i feel that all the good 1 word .tv domains are already scooped up

•••
I believe Snoop and Dragtastic are both correct.

People will never grab EVERY possible 1-worder in dot tv, especially when Verisign is re-pricing TV drops at some incredibly outrageous prices like alive.tv @ $4500, or jungle.tv @ $1800, etc.

But the best 1-worders that make sense and work perfectly with .tv that are reg fee, are definitely all gone now.

Sure there are a bunch of 1-word reg fee .tv's left, but they don't make too much sense for development, IMO

Let's re-phrase your question though...

"How long will it be until all decent/normal-language 1-word .tv reg fee domains are registered?"

I have thought about this quite a bit.

Since most great .tv 2-word domains are mostly gone now, I honestly believe that by the end of 2011, you won't be able to find any 1-word reg fee .tv's at all

Last edited:
•••
While I have a considerable number of .TV domains, very few were acquired reg fee. Most were acquired as drops or on forums. I believe there is still opportunity, though limited, pursuing .TV drops. Also it is worth checking the DomainStore.tv newsletter. Though many names are priced for end users, there are some deals as well.

•••
I recently registered 3 .TV domains, all one words. They aren't the best ever but they aren't pointless words either and they only cost me the reg fee, which is pocket change when compared to the premium ones.

I plan to develop them and keep them for a long time. Over time, most one word .tv domains will be worth a lot unless they are too random, long, or difficult to remember. I think there are very few left that don't have a 'premium' price tag. The ones that are left, are getting taken every day.

•••
Thanks all - I have always said I have a 10-year time outlook and I got all probably all of the 1-worders I'm going to get (below) all at reg-fee since reg-fee is all I can afford.

I am *hoping" that the value on the 'better' ones will continue to increase over time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back