Domain Empire

question How long does it usually take to get a sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mbancolita0

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to the domaining world, roughly around 2-3 weeks now. I own 8- 10 domain names so far and have them listed in a various market places such as: Sedo, flippa, and Ebay. However, I still haven't gotten my first sale.
I guess I'm asking how long did it take for you guys to sell your first domain?

I know this type of work requires a lot of patience and research, but I'm just itchin to get that first sale so that I don't feel as hesitant reinvesting some more money into it.
The domains I had bought are:
ativex.com
fairfaxhealthclub.com
irvinecosmetics.com
ochealthclub.com
ochelpers.com
ochouse4rent.com
ocshoerepair.com
razorjaws.com
sunygreens.com
booteam.com

I appreciate everyone's opinions and comments(:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It requires a lot of work and patience to sell a domain name that is anything but the very best - unless, as per the above poster, you have stroke of luck.

With the massive number of new TLDs being launched, it is reducing the desirability and value of all established TLDs, perhaps other than .com or .net. Therefore it's getting much tougher.

Good luck to everyone.

•••
This thread is a little depressing at the prospect of making money!!

•••

Unfortunately, this is the reality for the vast majority of domainers, especially now with the unprecedented competition that exists now.

•••
Fact #1: The vast majority of registered domains will never sell.
Fact #2: Most domainers are losing money.
Fact #3: 99% domain quality, 1% luck.
Fact #4: Listen to Biggie.
Fact #5: Patience is indeed required, but it should not be confused with stubbornness: clinging on to bad domains you should have dropped long ago. Patience is only for the good names.
Correct!!!!!!!

•••

Alot of people are never taught, you gotta learn the rules before you break the rules.

Learning the rules is just basic - best practises e.t.c
Breaking the rules is thinking out of the box.

Money comes when you break the rules and never before

•••
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to the domaining world, roughly around 2-3 weeks now. I own 8- 10 domain names so far and have them listed in a various market places such as: Sedo, flippa, and Ebay. However, I still haven't gotten my first sale.
I guess I'm asking how long did it take for you guys to sell your first domain?

I know this type of work requires a lot of patience and research, but I'm just itchin to get that first sale so that I don't feel as hesitant reinvesting some more money into it.
The domains I had bought are:
ativex.com
fairfaxhealthclub.com
irvinecosmetics.com
ochealthclub.com
ochelpers.com
ochouse4rent.com
ocshoerepair.com
razorjaws.com
sunygreens.com
booteam.com

I appreciate everyone's opinions and comments:)

Spend a week on namebio and you will see things clear !

•••
I want to thank everyone for their insights and opinions. I would like to let you all know, I had just sold my first domain name razorjaws a few days ago on flippa

Thanks again !
Happy domaining !

•••
I want to thank everyone for their insights and opinions. I would like to let you all know, I had just sold my first domain name razorjaws a few days ago on flippa

Thanks again !
Happy domaining !

Congrats! Here's to many more sales!

•••

Thanks again !
Happy domaining !

Congratulations, but beware: early success in this business can make it very tempting to register many more domains which will never sell, and erase your profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back