IT.COM

question How long does DomainNameSales take to respond to an account registration?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arca

Top Member
Impact
I was wondering if the members who use the DomainNameSales platform could answer, how long did they take to get back to your account reg. application? I submitted a list of 250 domains to them more than 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear anything from them. I have emailed their customer service to inquire about my application, but no reply from them as well.

I understand that they require good quality names, so perhaps my domains did not make the cut. It would still be nice if they could provide an acceptance/rejection email. While searching around the forum, I read that a few other people also experienced never hearing back from DNS, and never got any replies to emails sent to their customer service. Does this mean that they have rejected my application, and are not going to reply? Or should I perhaps apply again, in order to get a response from them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
check your spam email box ..

•••
check your email spam..
Thanks, but no emails from them in the spamfolder. I received the email from them when I applied, to click a confirmation link to verify that I am applying, so I am able to receive their emails.

•••
They only take 1-2 business day to approve or not your application. with my experience last week, they only took 2 days to response.
I don't have idea how their customer service not response you..

Last edited:
•••
In my case it took about three days.

•••
I submitted domains months ago and never got a response, no acceptance or rejection letter. I emailed support a month after my submission and they didn't even bother to respond to that either.

My only guess would be I pissed someone off there or something because I doubt it was domain quality, even then a response would be nice.

Try Voodoo or Bodis, if you want a broker to handle inquiries, go with Afternic, they're veterans and actually professional.

Last edited:
•••
What a coincidence...! I just sent a list to them today and this thread pops up..!! Hope i get a response..:D

Last edited:
•••
I register DNS twice but rejected. Both also reply in few days.

•••
I first applied for DNS account 2 months into domaining (May last year) and with a little over 100 domains to my name, mostly non-coms. Got a mail roughly a week after the application, saying that they were looking for owners of more sizeable portfolios (meaning much better than mine, nicely put). Fair enough and a lesson for me to learn.

Fast forward to November last year, after I got something like 100 extra dot coms under my belt, and when I figured I might as well give DNS another try. So I applied again, waited for over a week without a reply and then I e-mailed them, politely asking for a verdict on the matter of my application, regardless of the outcome.

Somebody there must have loved my brandable dot coms and a rather meager portfolio of mine since they actually confirmed my sign-up and let me in. I have to say it was something worth waiting for and I sure like their landers, among other things :)

Shoot'em an e-mail if you do not hear from them in a week or so. Can't hurt and there is quite a plus side if one gets in.

•••
I applied about 1 year ago and was accepted in 3 days - if they do not respond when try again

•••
Thanks for all your input and replies! I have submitted a new application, and will post an update when/if I hear something. @MillionDollarDomain - Please let us know how it goes with your application as well:xf.smile:

I do hope I can get an account with DNS, as my experience with the sedo marketplace has not been very good: I signed up and followed the steps to verify my account. Some time later, I suddenly I discovered that my account had been suspended. Checked my email, and saw that a few days earlier, I had gotten an email saying my account had been marked for a security check, and that they wanted me to send them a copy of my passport and utility bills, to prove my identity and my address. If I did not do so within 3 days, they would automatically suspend my account. I didn't see that email until after 3 days of receiving it, so by the time I saw their email, my account had already been suspended. They never gave any reason for this "check", and I have no idea what triggered it. I contacted them and said that I found it unprofessional that they would just suspend my account without providing a reason, and with only a 3-day notice. I said that if they would not go about it more professionally, I did not wish to be their user anyway (I was hoping they would turn around, explain the issue with my account, and offer me more time to submit the documents in question). However, what they replied instead was: As you desire, your account has been suspended. They certainly don't value their users much... So at the moment I am not really keen on Sedo, as I wouldn't want to base my domain selling around the uncertainty that if I don't see all their emails within 3 days, I might find my account suspended for no specified reason.

That's why I am pursuing an account with DNS instead, but since I am not getting any kind of reply from them, like @tomcarl, I am not getting a particularly good first impression here as well. But after reading so many positive comments about them on this forum, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, and with any luck there was just some glitch in their system when I first applied. Hopefully I will get a reply to my second attempt.

•••
Update: My application to join the DNS platform was successful:xf.grin:

Based on recommendations here to resubmit, I sent in another application to DNS. I used exactly the same email address and telephone number as before. The only difference is that I reordered my list of domains; previously it was alphabetical, now I put all my best names first, and I also put all my brandables at the end of the list. I doubt this had any impact though.

I got a reply exactly (on the hour!) 3 days after I sent them the application. Because of this, I believe there must have been some glitch in the system the first time around when I applied (my approval now was for my 2nd application, not the first one I sent a few weeks ago, which I never got a reply to).

Seconds after I got the approval email, I received an email that all of my names had been added into my account already (ownership verified). Not sure how they did this, as I am using whois privacy, but it sure is convenient compared to what I was asked to do elsewhere!

Since I started out domaining earlier this year, I had the goal of using DNS as my main platform for selling (since so many member on NP recommend it), so I am really glad that my application got through to them. I was not sure if I would get approved, as I am only 2 months into domaining, but fortunately I could open an account (after all the trouble I had with Sedo + the new commissions at Afternic which are really high, I really feel DNS is the best option for me at the moment).

Thank you everyone for your input:xf.smile: Also thanks to those who inboxed me with advice!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back