IT.COM

information How long does a sold domain remain for sale at GD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I took possession of many domains that I bought. Many of them are at godaddy listed for sale as auction or bin. Will this ever disappear off godaddy? Is, there a time frame when it will be taken off godaddy auctions after an ownership change? Any suggestions on how to get my purchased domains off being for sale on GD auctions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I took possession of many domains that I bought. Many of them are at godaddy listed for sale as auction or bin. Will this ever disappear off godaddy? Is, there a time frame when it will be taken off godaddy auctions after an ownership change? Any suggestions on how to get my purchased domains off being for sale on GD auctions?

Call GD customer support and request they be removed. Quick and simple.

•••
•••
@Joe Styler

Perhaps Joe can assist, since calling is too difficult.

...gl

•••
I called they weren't able to remove it. However, I ended up getting original owner to login and remove the domain name.

•••
I'd think the way to do it would be to register the domains for sale yourself (as make offer just to be safe) .. go through the verification process .. which in theory I'm thinking should remove the old owner's listing (replacing it with yours) .. and then delete/remove your own listing if you no longer want it there ...

•••
Yeah, that might work as godaddy has no control over our listings in a past owners account and can't remove without there consent which is why I always ask old owner to remove it but sometimes they aren't diligent or say it was an owner before them that put it up for sale.. However, in theory if your correct I might be able to try to list it as and by verifying I own it maybe the old listing would drop off. Thanks for the idea.

•••
We can remove the listings if we know you own the domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back