IT.COM

How long can the autoRenewPeriod status last?

NameSilo
Watch

jman005

Impact
A domain I'm interested in has currently been in the autoRenewPeriod status since around the beginning of September. As far as I'm aware this period should be no longer than 30-45 days. Is there a maximum time that this period can go on? I suspected the WHOIS information could be out of date and the site was renewed, but the site currently hosts this message:

ibb.co/g595Sm
(Transcription: the site says This domain is parked, pending renewal, or has expired. Please contact the domain provider with questions.)

I assume they would remove the message shortly after the period expired if that was the case. Any ideas?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are some TLDs with a longer renewal grace period. Is the domain you are looking at a .com?

•••
Actually happens to be a .xyz domain. The grace period for them still seems to be 40 days, so not too sure what's going on. I'll just wait it out a little longer.

•••
Where did you check the whois?

•••
Through the official ICANN whois, whois.com and the Network Solutions whois. All showing the same results.

•••
Could be locked due to some law troubles?
I've seen it happening, domains under law investigation keeping the last state they were in for many months.

•••
Could be. It seems to be based in Russia, so I'd imagine there could be more potential for legal and investigative complications.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back