IT.COM

How is NetworkSolutions.com?

NameSilo
Watch

sagar022

Established Member
Impact
hey! I prefer godaddy for domain because of its less price. Now, networksolutions.com provide domain for just $0.5. I have no idea about this registrar, how is it? Should I buy this domain in just less price? I want to know that will I face problem in renewal, transferring domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even though they might be offering a sweet offer to get a new domain, when it comes time for renewal, Network Solutions usually charges around $30 to $35 for each domain renewal. If you are ok with paying that as your renewal fee then go for it. Otherwise you might want to stay away from them. Also they have been known to do some shady business practices in the past. For example I remember a time where they use to automatically register any domain that you did a search for so you couldn't register the domain anywhere else. They claimed they were "holding the domain for you".

On a positive note however, they have been in business for a very long time. They were one of the first domain registrars in existence. They are well known and reputable.

Last edited:
•••
one more thing

Even though they might be offering a sweet offer to get a new domain, when it comes time for renewal, Network Solutions usually charges around $30 to $35 for each domain renewal. If you are ok with paying that as your renewal fee then go for it. Otherwise you might want to stay away from them. Also they have been known to do some shady business practices in the past. For example I remember a time where they use to automatically register any domain that you did a search for so you couldn't register the domain anywhere else. They claimed they were "holding the domain for you".

On a positive note however, they have been in business for a very long time. They were one of the first domain registrars in existence. They are well known and reputable.

what will happen if I buy some domains in 0.5$ and sold them in 2$ or 5$... Will anyone buy them?

•••
Registering domains for 50 cents so you can flip them for $2 or $5 would indicate you are not registering quality domains that you can sell to an end user. Network Solutions is a registrar that is more desirable to an end user rather than a domain reseller. Since your profit margin on those names are so low, it would indicate that you are registering low value names to flip to another reseller. Most resellers tend to stay away from Network Solutions due to their high renewal cost and most resellers would transfer a domain out of NetSol so it can be added to their portfolio that is held elsewhere where it is easier to manage with the rest of their domains.

If I were you, I would use that 50 cent registration to register a brandable domain or one that would be more appealing to an end user rather than a reseller. Read the forums here and see what others are doing to generate revenue and be successful in this industry. Many develop domains into websites and then sell as a package deal. Developing a name always helps increase the value of it. Think of it like staging a home. Anyone can show you an empty house and try to sell it to you. But when the house is filled with furniture and content, it helps the buyer see things in a different light making the home more valuable.

•••
One thing to add about Network Solutions. Your domain is switched automatically to Auto renewal. You can't turn it off manually in the control panel like Godaddy and other registrars. It says there that you have to call them in order for that domain's auto renewal to be turned off. So beware because others have been charged unknowingly due to this automatic renewal fees which are quite high.

•••
One thing to add about Network Solutions. Your domain is switched automatically to Auto renewal. You can't turn it off manually in the control panel like Godaddy and other registrars. It says there that you have to call them in order for that domain's auto renewal to be turned off. So beware because others have been charged unknowingly due to this automatic renewal fees which are quite high.

REALLY???? I have only one domain with them and I have realized this. I better transfer it before its renewal time then...:(

•••
I hate them. Every now and then snapnames captures a domain for me that ends up at netsol. I hate their interface, but what I hate even more is that they take 3 days to generate an authorization code if you want to transfer your domain out. If you want to speed up the process, you have to phone them which typically means being on hold for at least 15 minutes. Once you get the transfer rolling, they still have to approve it themselves which eats up yet another few days. Meh.

•••
I hate them. Every now and then snapnames captures a domain for me that ends up at netsol. I hate their interface, but what I hate even more is that they take 3 days to generate an authorization code if you want to transfer your domain out. If you want to speed up the process, you have to phone them which typically means being on hold for at least 15 minutes. Once you get the transfer rolling, they still have to approve it themselves which eats up yet another few days. Meh.

Yes I hear you.
It took me ages to transfer a name out and to speed up I wrote emails and twitted to their account.At the end I had my code in less than 3 days but it still took nearly a week to complete the transfer while I did the same not long ago with Dynadot and it was pretty much instantaneous.

•••
If you hired all the best horror movie screenwriters, there is no way they can outdo the horror a network solutions account will have on its user, it is impossible!

from changing registrant info to transfers etc

its unfortunate that with nj and now snap netsol has is being used more, i set my reminder system to the date exact that I can transfer out and i get out of there, remember what I said, there is no registrar even if they made it their focus to give people a hard time, that can outdo the disgusting network solutions setup, it is impossible.

•••
•••
Easily the worst registrar I have ever used. Unbelievable that they are still in business.

The last domain I won in auction at SnapNames was transferred to yet another new account there. Then I requested the auth. code going through their extremely unfriendly process. When I finally received the email with the auth. code, there was no auth. code...

I emailed their support (they state that they answer within 24 hours, which was not the case), and they claimed that the "primary holder" of the domain is not "correct", whatever that means, and that I therefore did not have the right the request the auth. code.

My advice is to stay far away from them. It really sucks that NameJet and SnapNames use them.

•••
Got a snapnames catch recently, with one of their own registrars like "udomainname /atomicdomainnames/etc." family which was previously managed though Moniker. Now they replaced moniker with netsol. My whois tracking software failed to retreive whois from netsol. Little investigation, and... THEY ARE STILL SENDING WHOIS REQUESTS TO MONIKER whois server. And the domains are under netsol. So - no whois output. I wonder how we are supposed to transfer snapnames catches away from Netsol, which should obviously be done on the 1st minute of day 61th?

•••
Easily the worst registrar I have ever used. Unbelievable that they are still in business.

The last domain I won in auction at SnapNames was transferred to yet another new account there. Then I requested the auth. code going through their extremely unfriendly process. When I finally received the email with the auth. code, there was no auth. code...

I emailed their support (they state that they answer within 24 hours, which was not the case), and they claimed that the "primary holder" of the domain is not "correct", whatever that means, and that I therefore did not have the right the request the auth. code.

My advice is to stay far away from them. It really sucks that NameJet and SnapNames use them.

I concur with this.

Also those $0.50 registrations are for new customers only and only one allowed. They charged me $34.99 for my $0.50 new registration but everything was hidden from me. I thought I was paying only the $0.50, right up to the time they sent me to PayPal. Then, when at PayPal, PayPal never showed the amount I was paying, unlike every other honest register does.

They are thieves also. They setup an automatic payment also when they'd already charged me the $34.99 for an amount of $4.99 a month, which I never ordered or was informed about.

Top that off with an extremely complicated control panel (I needed 3 attempts, over about 2 weeks, just to transfer one domain to another account) and the difficulty of transferring away that others have mentioned.

Their support is awfully complicated to get a straight answer. You can't even reply to their support emails, you have to log back in, fill in their difficult support form again and quote the support number manually from their email. Their support emails don't quote the original question, which makes things extremely difficult with complex questions.

Basically, I've given up on getting a refund or getting answers to my questions, that's just too complicated as well. When I get my domains out of there after 60-80 days (the extra days are because of the difficulty in transferring). I'm never using NetSol again, or SnapNames (other than pre-release, where you can tell if it is registered at NetSol or not).

They've recently been aquired by Web.com, who own Register.com as well. They also employ a whole lot of shady tactics. So things are only going to get worse at NetSol.

STEER CLEAR OF NETSOL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back