IT.COM

advice How I Started With Generic Niche Domains

NameSilo
Watch
generic_brand_title1.jpg
It’s no secret that the domain industry is full of unlimited potential. The plus side is that it’s such a vast market, that it continuously splits into sub-markets. These sub-markets, which I like to call “Niche”, “Micro”, and “Nano” markets provide any sized company, hobbyist, or individual with a variety of potential revenue streams.
After I invested into my first domain back in 2005 and developed it into a service, I started playing with the idea of lead generation. I decided on generic keyword domains targeted at a few of my niche audiences. Below, I’m going to break down an example niche. When I crack the egg open you’ll see how all the sub-niches just ooze out everywhere.
Personally, I’m a firm believer that a domain needs to pay for itself. If any of my domains can’t cover their own renewals at the end of the year, I don’t need them. Which is why I like to develop everything I invest in...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back