Dynadot

advice How I sold a domain at a 300% profit and take it as a failure

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Opened my email this afternoon to news that an ACH payment has been made on one of my domains. My initial thought was that it was a scam and I deleted the email.

Scrolling a little further down I see an email from SEDO reporting that sold one of my domains at the Buy Now price.

I was a little excited, but also confused. Only a small handful of our domains have a Buy Now price.

Scrolling down I see the domain OurSong.com.
  • Sold for $6800
  • Price paid $1850 in ~ 2012
I understand that some might consider this a victory. It was not. It was a failure.

I would have never accepted an offer for $6800 on OurSong.com.

I value OurSong.com at around $22,000. Estibot appraises it around $74,000.

It turns out that one night, likely after having a couple drinks, I decided to set some Buy Now prices on domains in hopes of liquidating a few of them. A horrible mistake.

While selling domains was a great idea at that point, selling OurSong.com no longer made sense. The needs of our business changed.

After logging into SEDO to provide the Auth Code I promptly took a look at my Buy Now prices and deleted them or increased them.

Ultimately a Buy Now price is set at a point in time. But the need and desire of my business had changed.

Advice check your Buy Now Prices and see if you think it is correct.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just who do you think you are man? What makes you think I have any obligation to respond to such a stupid and arrogant request. GoValue? LOL. I don't price any domains using auto appraisal programs. Those are for people who don't know what they are doing. I have put you on ignore. Go troll someone else.

I am Bonkers, google ... bonkers snapnames.com ... and you will know who I am.

I am not trolling, I didn't ask for the domain name, just want the GoValue of the domain was, its not like I wanted "Trade Secrets" or your password to your bank account.

I will show you TROLLING, can you see the difference???
Your response tells me your domain really sucks and the GoValue is less than $500 maybe less than a $100.
Didn't really mean that, just wanted to show you how I would troll if I wanted to troll.

•••
I am Bonkers, google ... bonkers snapnames.com ... and you will know who I am.

Nice to meet you bonkers. We've done battle quite a bit back when I watched the drop more closely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back