NameSilo

How I Flipped A Domain Name From $7.49 to $799 in 32 days

Labeled as sales in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by Stephen C., Apr 27, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Do you agree that flipping hand registrations of emerging trends is the best strategy now?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Total: 78 vote(s)
  1. leadnetwork

leadnetwork Top Contributor VIP

i totally agree , you can even see on my video why hand registrations can be profitable , last year i register a hand reg domain , two months later sold for nearly $6000

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Meldy Edwin

Meldy Edwin Established Member

This is Diamond..! Congratulations..!

Big thank's for sharing 🍻

3. elevator

elevator DnCombo.com VIP

This is my area of advocacy, hand regs domains can be profitable if one knows how to go about it.

Congrats for the sales. Cheers

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  4. CodingTheDomain

CodingTheDomain Established Member

Nice flip, thanks for sharing

5. leadnetwork

if people do proper research and apply old ways , check domain history , age , then you will sell them , doesnt matter what but it can long term.
    Dont forget domaining is like mining bitcoin , there will be always gems out there .

6. leadnetwork

each domain is unique , you cant always evaluate domains based on sales but yes comon sense and expertise on certain industry fields.

7. Levi Zheng

Levi Zheng Established Member

Many congrats! It sounds cool.

8. leadnetwork

Some domains in actions sell for lot of money , because investors and resellers are buying each others domains for a quick profit that’s why price goes up but not always.
    Reg domains are normally expired domains with a business idea already behind generated by companies and individuals so buying this domains with proper research ,saves you time and money without spending big bucks in actions turning into big profits

9. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for sharing in very much detail. Appreciate your dedication and hard work in compiling the data.
    Congrats on the sale and I'm happy for you (y)(y)

10. MediaCode

MediaCode MediaCode.com VIP ICA Member

Thank you for sharing. Based on your experience, I grabbed in .com the following:

remoteworkconvention
    remoteworkmeetup
    remoteworksession
    remoteworkcash

I won't be doing outbound though. Just sub-$1,000 BIN prices on Dan.com, Sedo.com, and Afternic.com.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  11. exa-Edward

exa-Edward Established Member

Congrats on your sale! It's great that you catch the trend.
    You sold your domain on Sedo, so is Sedo the best marketplace to sell domain compared with Epik & Afternic?

12. Stephen C.

Stephen C. Established Member Epik.com Staff

I believe you should not pull all your eggs in one basket.

A farmer in my country has a HUGE chicken farm and supplied eggs to the hotels (tourism industry) as the main supplier. Because of Covid, the travel bans caused his business to spoil and also his eggs are now spoiling because he had only one main customer. This is a literal story of all eggs being in one basket.

I would say list your domains in as much marketplaces as you possibly can. I have found that Epik, Afternic and Sedo are the best.

I personally have my landing pages at Epik because that's where I have gotten the best results. Others can share what works best for them.

13. Stephen C.

Stephen C. Established Member Epik.com Staff

@AbdulBasit.com I am a big fan of your work. I read your blogs from time to time. I really appreciate your sentiments and I thank you as well for sharing too.

14. scithe

scithe Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

It looks like Remote Work Conference is priced at auction on GD. I didn't check the wayback machine but it looks like they were just flipping.

15. Sif05

Sif05 Established Member

Thank you so much dude you really opening my eyes towards a strategy i will use next time to promote my current domains

16. Dr.Wolf

Dr.Wolf Established Member

A great motivation to all of us
    Superb

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice