IT.COM

question How has been your September so far in sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Tomorrow is 20th, 10 days remaining from September (one third).

Been watching my sales and I'm not happy. Likely going to be in a small profit but that's not enough. It looks so far identical to August in sales.

I'm also always watching the reported sales thread. When I get lots of sales, there are lots of sales there too. Especially in the 4-fig area there's always a speed match. I can tell NP-ers are not selling that much these days - from what I see there.

How about you? How has been your September so far?

( Edit: my .coms are selling a little, but in other TLDs there has been a grinding halt to zero in the last 30 days. )

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@slobizman all you said can explain some of the erosion from the .com (although some end up upgrading later on), but there's something else that is causing a major slowdown that seemed to come out of nowhere. Don't think it's a permanent situation at all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@blogspotter "Any examples of names you sold this year and average price? I am also trying to figure out something so i can make my portfolio recession proof"

Average sales price for 2021 is about $1,400. (Average purchase price about $58)

My names are all over the board. Here are 20 I grabbed from the middle of the year so far. Don't want to list them all:

FastingRevolution.com
WellLearned.com
NaturalHealthSpa.com
Virtualness.com
KetoBaking.com
CoffeeJunkie.com
AlphaFab.com
InfraredGym.com
ecofinancing.com
how.cc
LongevityTime.com
Speech101.com
SLOnews.com
carbonless.org
PsychedelicsHub.com
SolarClick.com
Paint3D.com
VRclass.com
SolarSupplier.com
zorey.com

Last edited:
•••
September 2021 is going to go down as a terrible bust.
On top of that, individuals are creating substacks and the like, rather than creating their own blogs. Thus most will choose not to map a domain to it. Or some just have a Youtube channel too. The world is changing.

I price my names very reasonably, and am astonished at the prices most domainers think they can still get in this market.

I have noticed that. Small businesses rely on Facebook and IG. Facebook will eventually collapse I think. It's dating crypto scam 'app' is a real shame for a company like Facebook.
How can they allow thousands fake profiles to literally have party, scamming people..
No action at all.
Also many companies that ceased trading, still on Facebook.. That's bad because end users would think someone else uses the name they want to buy.
No sales in September, but small portfolio, 120 decent names reasonably priced.

Last edited:
•••
Been following this thread through the month. Now that there is some closure, here are my two cents.

Good:
-Sold KW+Health/com name for $2k. Closeout purchase ~30 days ago. First ever name sold thru GD broker enquiry
- Sold hopis/co $499, fan/spot/co $299 both Afternic
- Moved 700 .co names to Efty; already received 1 offer in 7 days there. Same names on DAN lander for ages with no action (hypothesis: I want more people to start conversation with me. DAN makes it difficult by asking too much info up front)

Not so good:
-
Efty offer is yet to convert; despite reminders
- Barren spell at SH / BB continues. 400 names in total across the two. Only sold 2 in total over 2021.
- Afternic has been really slow last 2-3 months, wondering if it is some setting / exposure related issue

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back