IT.COM

question How has been your September so far in sales?

NameSilo
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Tomorrow is 20th, 10 days remaining from September (one third).

Been watching my sales and I'm not happy. Likely going to be in a small profit but that's not enough. It looks so far identical to August in sales.

I'm also always watching the reported sales thread. When I get lots of sales, there are lots of sales there too. Especially in the 4-fig area there's always a speed match. I can tell NP-ers are not selling that much these days - from what I see there.

How about you? How has been your September so far?

( Edit: my .coms are selling a little, but in other TLDs there has been a grinding halt to zero in the last 30 days. )

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well I just bought my first ever domain this month, wish me luck to sell it, appreciate your thread keep up

JAMOR

•••
well I just bought my first ever domain this month, wish me luck to sell it, appreciate your thread keep up

JAMOR

Wish you luck. What's the domain name?

•••
I made the same observation the other day...
Those times when there's a rush of reported sales post on NP...
I'll be having an Influx of inquiries/sales as well. Seems connected.

Last edited:
•••
well still 0, pretty sad actually.
but its a process....

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I had 6 sales till the 15th of this month and have been quite for 1 week. But I have 2 pending sales now. WIll see how they go.

July was bad but August was 5 figures in profit. September also crossed 5 figures, but not sure how the rest of the month will hold up.

My average sales are 1999, 2499 and 2999

•••
I had 6 sales till the 15th of this month and have been quite for 1 week. But I have 2 pending sales now. WIll see how they go.

July was bad but August was 5 figures in profit. September also crossed 5 figures, but not sure how the rest of the month will hold up.

My average sales are 1999, 2499 and 2999

Care to tell portfolio size and if it's com/other tlds? Thanks!

•••
Care to tell portfolio size and if it's com/other tlds? Thanks!
Till last week I had over 3000. This week I bought a 1000 domain portfolio

I don't focus on any particular TLD. It is skewed towards .co because I buy thousands during promo but I have a lot of .io and .com and some ccTLDs

I like nGTLDs too but they are way too expensive in the wholesale market for my taste.

•••
I've had two sales in September so far, but I'm happy with that as I have increased 50-60% of my prices. My portfolio is also much smaller compared with 2018, which was a really good year for me, but I am actively increasing the number of names again.

•••
No sales, no offers yet this month. At least the visitors are picking up after the summer holidays. Next sale is just around the corner... I can taste it in my spit.

•••
Another sale today I crossed 18K in sales this month. I also still have a couple sales in pending status. I think I have been lucky this month and won't read much into it, because from my friends with whom I chat regularly about sales, half of them have good sales, and the other half are doing very badly. This is regardless of portfolio size. Meaning all have decent sized portfolio

•••
Less than 10 k this month. For me that's a bad month. Lots of bits and bobs sold.

But the month is not finished yet.

Note, I see a bit of uptick in reported sales. Not much yet but encouraging.

•••
Another sale today I crossed 18K in sales this month. I also still have a couple sales in pending status. I think I have been lucky this month and won't read much into it, because from my friends with whom I chat regularly about sales, half of them have good sales, and the other half are doing very badly. This is regardless of portfolio size. Meaning all have decent sized portfolio

Quick question:

Were your sales mostly in single-word, non-COM's ?

Cause that's what tends to sell during this September.

•••
•••
Quick question:

Were your sales mostly in single-word, non-COM's ?

Cause that's what tends to sell during this September.
Not quite.
Only 2 are single word. Rest are 2 words and one with number. All non dot coms

•••
Not a bad name but keep it at xxx range so you sell it soon.

yes that's what I'm thinking too, 3 figures range, for now I'm just using 'make offer' option with dan landing page to measure the traffic. Starting calm & steady

JAMOR

•••
It's been good September so far, I have 2 sales but both of them are Lease to own (60 months) for 15k€ and 10k€ and both are hand registered nGTLds and hold time less than 4 months.

What does hand registered mean?? Does that imply that there software registered domains?

•••
Interesting stuff here. Is there some webinar or a video of someone teaching about domain flipping? Would appreciate it if anyone shares a link. Thx.

•••
What does hand registered mean?? Does that imply that there software registered domains?
Hand Registered means Not bought from auction houses or aftermarket. They are available for registration where i can register it from any domain registrar with default registration price of that TLD.

Thanks,

•••
Totaling around $14,000 from couple of domains. September has no difference for me.

•••
Any Youtube video on domain flipping pls. Not a general video but a type of case study would be appreciated.

•••
1 Squadhelp sale for $2399, I have more than 1000 domains /565 premium domains listed on Squadhelp/.

Last edited:
•••
September 2021 is going to go down as a terrible bust. I've had four sales, where I normally do about 10-15 a month. This will be the worst month in years. I had thought August was slow, but it was twice what September is turning out to be, with two days left. Discouraging.

I'm trying to pinpoint what it is, and all I can come up with is the acceptance of other TLD's than Com as valid business domains. Other than for the absolute biggest of brands, I think there are many other TLD's that work just fine for companies, particularly tech companies who could go with ones such as ai, io, and xyz.

On top of that, individuals are creating substacks and the like, rather than creating their own blogs. Thus most will choose not to map a domain to it. Or some just have a Youtube channel too. The world is changing.

I price my names very reasonably, and am astonished at the prices most domainers think they can still get in this market.

•••
September 2021 is going to go down as a terrible bust. I've had four sales, where I normally do about 10-15 a month. This will be the worst month in years. I had thought August was slow, but it was twice what September is turning out to be, with two days left. Discouraging.

I'm trying to pinpoint what it is, and all I can come up with is the acceptance of other TLD's than Com as valid business domains. Other than for the absolute biggest of brands, I think there are many other TLD's that work just fine for companies, particularly tech companies who could go with ones such as ai, io, and xyz.

On top of that, individuals are creating substacks and the like, rather than creating their own blogs. Thus most will choose not to map a domain to it. Or some just have a Youtube channel too. The world is changing.

I price my names very reasonably, and am astonished at the prices most domainers think they can still get in this market.
Any examples of names you sold this year and average price? I am also trying to figure out something so i can make my portfolio recession proof

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back