NameSilo
Watch

ShowMeDomains

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiastsTop Member
Impact
F30E4D38-E284-4B9B-81B2-1D9E0B5EB782.png
64DAD773-8BBE-4122-8795-B551D82E16CC.jpeg
Opinions plz.
I just got a $500 offer for this domain, have had another lower offer as well in past from different buyer.
There’s a lot of domainers that follow the “Digital Dollar”, I’m curious, with this much traffic and recent events, what would you let it go for?🤔

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
make a counteroffer of 1.5k and settle for 1k

•••
Not good idea to reveal the domain before the deal is complete. I would edit the image to hide the domain.

•••
I'd agree with @shah247 and suggest you to make a counter-offer of $1500.

Alternatively, you can message the buyer and ask him to gibe his best offer and discuss first. This way you may sense how badly he wants the domain. And adjust your offer based on the situation.

If you send the $1500 counter-offer and the buyer ghosts you, you have nothing to do (writing from experience :xf.grin:). So better discuss first and then try to raise the bar.

(y)

•••
Not good idea to reveal the domain before the deal is complete. I would edit the image to hide the domain.
I was thinking more along the lines that If it’s
another domainer that made the offer there won’t be a deal anyway.(most likely)
If it’s an end user I’m not really worried about them finding this pic, post.

•••
C73EBF36-70ED-4E5D-B7EF-9DCFF968422C.jpeg
I'd agree with @shah247 and suggest you to make a counter-offer of $1500.

Alternatively, you can message the buyer and ask him to gibe his best offer and discuss first. This way you may sense how badly he wants the domain. And adjust your offer based on the situation.

If you send the $1500 counter-offer and the buyer ghosts you, you have nothing to do (writing from experience :xf.grin:). So better discuss first and then try to raise the bar.

(y)
I agree on discussing first, which is how I approached it, actually have had good results doing similar, reject the offer, engage in a little chit chat but I don’t counter them.
If they’re serious they engage and typically make another offer before I actually have to throw out a number. I kind of like this approach, ever tried it?

•••
Thanks for sharing.

I think you could get mid xxxx right now, especially given the traffic and current interest.

In five years it could be a househould name once the funny money fiat currencies go digital.

funny money = debt instrument

central bank currencies currently are technically debt instruments and not money*

Last edited:
•••
I haven't looked but I would be exploring "digitaldollar.App" registration before deciding on a response

•••
Show attachment 176584
I agree on discussing first, which is how I approached it, actually have had good results doing similar, reject the offer, engage in a little chit chat but I don’t counter them.
If they’re serious they engage and typically make another offer before I actually have to throw out a number. I kind of like this approach, ever tried it?

Hi Mike,

Yeah, basically I like to discuss a bit and understand the client before throwing the exact number.

Back when I received my first offer, I made the mistake of making a counter offer.

The domain is quite valuable. It can easily be sold for over $15000. But he offered $300. As it was my first offer, I decided to close the deal. I gave him a "reasonable" price by countering with $2000.

And guess what? I have no clue if the buyer is alive or not. O_o

He didn't reply ever since. I sent him a couple of follow-up messages. But nope. He didn't reply.

Learning: Always build up a conversation first. See if that's a serious buyer. Then decide if you can work out a deal. :xf.smile:

P.S.: Out of topic, but can you tell me how to like a reply or post? I received 3 likes so far but have no clue how you guys are giving likes. Where is this like button?

•••
Hi Mike,

Yeah, basically I like to discuss a bit and understand the client before throwing the exact number.

Back when I received my first offer, I made the mistake of making a counter offer.

The domain is quite valuable. It can easily be sold for over $15000. But he offered $300. As it was my first offer, I decided to close the deal. I gave him a "reasonable" price by countering with $2000.

And guess what? I have no clue if the buyer is alive or not. O_o

He didn't reply ever since. I sent him a couple of follow-up messages. But nope. He didn't reply.

Learning: Always build up a conversation first. See if that's a serious buyer. Then decide if you can work out a deal. :xf.smile:

P.S.: Out of topic, but can you tell me how to like a reply or post? I received 3 likes so far but have no clue how you guys are giving likes. Where is this like button?

upload_2020-12-17_13-57-10.png

•••
It's a nice domain name.Three hundred dollars is a bit low for him
We can wait and see

•••

Thanks for the reply Du. Somehow I don't have the "like", dislike", "thank", "agree" and "disagree" buttons. maybe it's because I am new here. Whatever, thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

And here is an unofficial like for the help.
(y)

•••
Thanks for the reply Du. Somehow I don't have the "like", dislike", "thank", "agree" and "disagree" buttons. maybe it's because I am new here. Whatever, thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

And here is an unofficial like for the help.
(y)
  • It could be a problem with the network. Try to refresh(y)

•••
500 was a good offer no doubt & I wish you the best of selling it ! Don’t be so greedy @Makbliss :d

•••
Bad title. Asking for more money isn’t greedy.

•••
193729_9b58ea364c3c19ffb6469f608cee17b8.jpeg

@Makbliss

I like your response it is well thought out and phrased.

The only thing I would have done different is to remove the word JUST. A domainers money is as good as anyone's and I can tell you some of us are not afraid to spend money on domains. I often purchase domains incognito and as a domainer I have been known to drop 20k or so for an acquisition.

So it not JUST a domainer, remember domaining money can be JUST as real.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 176579 Show attachment 176580 Opinions plz.
I just got a $500 offer for this domain, have had another lower offer as well in past from different buyer.
There’s a lot of domainers that follow the “Digital Dollar”, I’m curious, with this much traffic and recent events, what would you let it go for?🤔
Asking the right price for your asset is not greedy.. Not every name sells.. Many end users unaware of the costs involved in domaining business. You will collect a lot of domains investing huge amounts and very few a year you will sell. So certainly you have to collect the premium price to cover for other names renewals too.

Hope you will close this sale.. All the best. :)

•••
Show attachment 176633

@Makbliss

I like your response it is well thought out and phrased.

The only thing I would have done different is to remove the word JUST. A domainers money is as good as anyone's and I can tell you some of us are not afraid to spend money on domains. I often purchase domains incognito and as a domainer I have been known to drop 20k or so for an acquisition.

So it not JUST a domainer, remember domaining money can be JUST as real.
Thanks for the feedback and you’re right, I don’t like the “just” I used in my message either. Was busy as heck and rushed my response, wasn’t my intention to come off like a domainers money isn’t good but I definitely see your point. Appreciate all the feedback. No response from buyer so far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back