IT.COM

How good is Amazon as an affiliate program?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sky

Established Member
Impact
I didn't see anyone reply with Amazon to the question about the best affiliates. Is there some reason for that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been using them for four years or so. I don't have anything negative to say other than the conversion rate has always been lower than other affiliate services. But they always pay on time, and are always rolling out new ways to make money etc.

•••
I don't push amazon very much, but the nice thing about them is the wide variety. Whenever there is an item in a niche site that I cannot find elsewhere, it's bound to be in Amazon....

•••
They convert well enough for me, but they don't have very high commission rates or long cookie durations and there are so many other amazon affiliates out there that your cookie has a good chance of being overwritten if your visitors hit another site before buying. There are also the off-site links that *don't* earn commission (i.e. "leaks") on the product landing pages.

The "pros" are that they're easy to use and carry just about EVERYTHING.

I'll use Amazon if there's no "better" option - not my top merchant, but I do OK with them.

•••
Am I correct in thinking that shopping.com offer CPC as opposed to CPA? And does anyone use one of their templates..

•••
I haven't use amazon still and may be mostly people also don't have use it so that's why people not replying.In other words i can not tell you about amazon.

•••
I think amazon is good network

•••
amazon is good network but their payout is too low...

•••
their affiliate program is fine but there's one catch: the customer must buy within 24 hours, or you won't get a commission

•••
I didn't see anyone reply with Amazon to the question about the best affiliates. Is there some reason for that?

Rubbish...:rolleyes:

Well, always performed really poorly for me.

•••
I have a friend who uses amazon and like others said, not much of a payout.

•••
Amazon is good depending on your niche and content. You write a blog about a product like Laptops, cameras or Plasma TVs it can convert well if visitors feel they can trust your recommendations I have a blog which I have able to keep the rate around 5% so far.

•••
Amazon is one of the oldest company into this affiliate business. They're a huge company and no objection could be made on its legitimacy. Thousands of people have joined it and are earning a good amount of money through it.

•••
•••
In my opinion Amazon isn't bad.

•••
Amazon is really good as an affiliate program.

•••
I all depends on what you are marketing w/ Amazon. It is a good source to see what niches are popular to go after.

As far as the payout, it depends on the sales volume you generate. Their commission structure is based on a performance factor...meaning that each month the % is reset and you must try to maintain the sales volume in order to get a higher percentage.

They do offer a flat commision rate which is 4% or so, but who wants that.
If you promote their "endless.com" products, I believe you can get up to 15%.

I currently avg about 6.5% with them, of course, I'm only promoting thru social site & with Google adwords...as my budget is limited.

Overall, I am happen with them as they always paid on time, offer a wide variety of widgets,links, options to promote products and has a very low "Refund" rate.

Be careful with using their name when promoting, read their TOS carefully as to what keywords you can't use. I learn this the hard way and have loss some commissions.

•••
In my opinion amazon is the great affiliate program.

•••
The 24 hour cookie and low commission is a negative, but I think the breadth of products and the name recognition probably makes up somewhat for that.

•••
Amazon is good

Amazon affiliate program is good. Been using them about 10 years, I think. Get a small check every now-and-then and always surprised how popular book and CD sales still are. Their linkup with services like goldencan also is a plus. The Amazon creatives are getting better all the time.

•••
Amazon is ok, but just ok. It does have a wide range of items for sale, which allow it to be tailored for your specific needs. There are definitely better affiliate programs out there for people who are a bit more savvy.

•••
easy to sell the stuff but need to push a huge ammount of product to make ends meat

•••
US customer in some niches

In some niches for US customer Amazon has a strong brand name so its converts well but make sure you target the products you feature very carefully to your audience.

•••
Although it is one of the biggest companies with an affiliate program, it still doesn't convert well and also the cookies are only for 24 hrs and that is ridiculous. Their commission payout is very low as well. Only 4% flat and it increases to 6% if you certain volume. The only good thing is that if you can't find a product in some niches elsewhere then you will most likely find it on Amazon.

My conversion rates have been very low with them while on the same site or page if I had other affiliate products then they converted well and also the commission was higher.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back