Dynadot

discuss How far will having your own page get you towards more sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JLJ

NameCaesar.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hey guys!

I wanted to ask you how does your page (for those who have one) help you get leads. I've acquired a domain which I plan to use to make my online portfolio and blog, however I am unsure how I can get the right possible end users or investors/startups to find me. (It's a pretty good brandable in my opinion as well)

Since I have some background on html and css, plus vast photoshop experience, I'm planning on building a mini marketplace with no more than 20 names, making a logo and description for each name and try to target my sales that way, in addition to a blog. I'm into brandables at the moment, and I think it's the niche I'll be learning for at least the rest of the year.

Before I do this however, I wanted to ask if someone has had good and bad experiences following this type of sales model, so here are some questions:

How many leads do you get from your pool of domains, and is 20 a good number for that kind of market?
Do you often find contacts in the industry this way?
Is it a reasonable long term investment? And fulfilling?
How do you use SEO in this kind of market? I could really use some helping links on this one.
And finally could I ask to if you know helpful threads on these subjects in NP or other forums?

Cheers
Jaime

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it will have unique content
so google / bing / yahoo will scrape and display it

they won't so same for a parked page of course not

not so true...

many of my parked domains are listed in google

imo....

•••
•••
I feel it will only work for generic dictionary word domains, not Brandables. Because people are not looking for those domains only if they see it they get an idea. I'd suggest keep half of your domains at the marketplaces and half at your site to see the difference, this way you wont miss out on marketplaces buyers and have a good experience with your own site as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back