Dynadot

How does GoDaddy Auctions work as a make offer when connected to Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KTC

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone!

I have started to redirect my domain names to Godaddy auctions pages with a language-redirect script based off of some of the discussions in a previous thread, "Landing Page or forward to Godaddy Premium listing?," where depending on the language based off the user and location, they will either get redirected to the listing in their natural language at GD auctions or if they don't fit will land on a Uni landing page.

I would use the Afternic landing pages, but since I see they are only in English and some of my domain names are in other languages in .com, I figure this would be the best way of being able to increase conversions since people do have more trust to purchase when a seller has the same language/currency options from studies I've read in the past and from personal experiences as a former affiliate marketer.

I have set all of them on Make Offer for the meantime on Afternic, but I have been wondering how would an Afternic broker handle the situation itself on a GD listing? Would they still call them to try and close the deal? Would it just be generic bidding on the GD auction and no initiative to attempt to educate the buyer further? I have plenty of questions on how this tactic can benefit the community as a whole.

How have your experiences been with Make Offer on Afternic to begin with?

(Also, going to try to tag @Joe Styler to this as well if he could shed a bit more light on how this process works.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic is live in China with Chinese and Europe with a bunch of languages like German and Spanish and those leads will go to agents in those locations who can speak the language so it would probably be more helpful to use the Afternic lander on names, especially if the price is negotiable and you want someone to talk to them who knows sales and speaks their language.

•••
Afternic is live in China with Chinese and Europe with a bunch of languages like German and Spanish and those leads will go to agents in those locations who can speak the language so it would probably be more helpful to use the Afternic lander on names, especially if the price is negotiable and you want someone to talk to them who knows sales and speaks their language.

Thank you for the information! But, do the Afternic landing pages, when connected to the nameservers, stay in English or do they translate into their native language?

•••
Automatically translate based on the IP of the person viewing the page. They also automatically show a local area phone number in those areas and go to local native speaking salespeople who work directly for Afternic as any US based sales team would. They are all a part of the same team.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back