Domain Empire

How do you get your traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So how do you guys bring in large traffic to your sites? Looking for some feedback b/c i've tried many techniques but non have worked (adbrite advertisement, adwords, post on forums, etc)

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
-submitting your site to searchengines
-SEO

those are 2 others that pop my mind instantly :)

•••
Definatley need to seomize your site. Choose the keywords you are going for, ad them to your meta tags, use those kewords throughout your site....

•••
Making posts in forums with link in the sig. and staying active in forums does help in getting traffic to your site but you need to make sure you contribute to the community with quality posts and don't just spam to show up your sig.

•••
for me, the 2 main traffic sources are:

1. search engines - that means doing a little seo on my own (i cannot afford professional help) ;)
2. posting in related forums - with links in my signatures.

•••
You need links on other peoples website, or put a link on a few very active website

•••
I have a lot of succes with AdBrite to get traffic. For as low as $10 you can get 2000 to 3000 visitors in a week. They have a very nice program going there. Just search for sites like yours and put the ad there. Very simple.

(this is not an advertisement, i`m jusat a happy customer)

•••
You just use text links with Adbrite? Can you show me how they work? Where is your site advertised? I am interested in using this service...
How do you track the Adbrite clicks.... does Google have a problem with webmasters using Adbrite if they also use adsense... I am always in worried about the Google surprise banning!

•••
Forums, adword, other ppc, directories, links, and etc.

•••
add ur link in free posting directry

If U need web site link then i can give large list of directory

•••
Forum, directory, traffic exchanges, link building, mailing people you only know(no spamming). If you need to submit to directories or search engines go to http://www.submitexpress.com/. If you have any problems with not getting traffic you can ask in the forum to buy links.

•••
Build a myspace profile about your website and join related groups.

•••
After SEO, linkexchange is the best solution to get more traffic.

•••
buying backlinks on related sites may help!

•••
why not try out SloganWar?

I know i am promoting something i built myself here; but i really believe in the site i built as a cheap and easy way to attract more visitors for years to come. A little more than 6 years actually.

Check out Sloganwar.

Also ... using a simple 'tell a friend' script can make a difference.

•••
HI

I get traffic to a lot of my sites from the following

1) Sigs in forums.
2) Cross linking my sites..
3) having a sig in all my out going emails I reply to or send.
4) Adwords.
5) Affiliates.
6) Banner exchange sites.
7) Viral marketing.
8) SE's.... seo.
9) word of mouth
10) Directory submissions.
11) links in out going emails from directories and other sites I own.
12) Paid site listings.
13) Paid ezine and solo ads.

Ok that is it for now I there is more...

OK safelists... not much but a small amount of traffic..

Things...I have not tried...for a long long time

Posting to blogs.
Posting to guess books.
Book mark sites
Top rank sites.
ebay auction traffic.
free ebook branding traffic.
ffa.. waste of time.

OK well that is all I can think of right now... but each of the above has at least 3 sub cats... that can bring traffic...

Just think about it and there are many ways to drive traffic to ones sites....

Thanks
Tom Dahne

P.s

Here are 3 more examples...

Pay for a script that has resale rights and then give it away for free.... but in your lic copyright make sure every one that installs the script their websites leaves the link back to your sites.

Go to scriptlance or rentacoder and hire a person to write a 10 page report for you on an subject and in that report you link back to your site. you only need to pay $10$ per 500 words per page for the report.... post it on downloads.com as a pdf or exe ebook format or even post it on news groups..

Ok the last one for the sites above hire a person to write 10x 500 word articles for you for 10$ er article so 10 x10 = $100 usd then add those articles to an auto responder...and make your visitors.... optin to the auto responder.. by giving them a free gift... a pdf or exe ebook / report..

Then when you have them on your list you can promote to them...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

P.s

If I was to write an ebook on how to drive traffic to a website... How many of you would be interested..

And should I charge for it or give it away for free and if you would pay for such an ebook what would you think is a fair price..

•••
lol.... i think its complete...
what should i share again?? :p

•••
I would say links in sigs in forums is a good way to get traffic.

•••
newyorker said:
I have a lot of succes with AdBrite to get traffic. For as low as $10 you can get 2000 to 3000 visitors in a week. They have a very nice program going there. Just search for sites like yours and put the ad there. Very simple.

(this is not an advertisement, i`m jusat a happy customer)

I have tried adBrite before as well. There are some bargains to be found. I've paid less than $0.01 per click on multiple occasions. but the conversions were seriously poor. either way it's worth a look.

•••
they also have free pixel sites now (they might get you an extra 100 hits lol but everybit helps)

•••
Nice post ezimedia,

Well my steps are basically:
1) Add it to about 10 billion directories lol.
2) Exchange links with other related sites.
3) Pay NP$ for links to site id need be.
4) Wait around 2 months for Google PR to update, see how it's going, if it's going well. I just leave as is and let the users do the work, if not, more links!

-Rhett.

•••
Well the most valuble traffic from Search Engines
And olso from related sites ...
It's hard to get a very high number of visits without optimizing and putting your link evrywhere
Good Luck

•••
Through article submission and social bookmarking sites.

•••
ezimedia said:
HI

I get traffic to a lot of my sites from the following

1) Sigs in forums.
2) Cross linking my sites..
3) having a sig in all my out going emails I reply to or send.
4) Adwords.
5) Affiliates.
6) Banner exchange sites.
7) Viral marketing.
8) SE's.... seo.
9) word of mouth
10) Directory submissions.
11) links in out going emails from directories and other sites I own.
12) Paid site listings.
13) Paid ezine and solo ads.

Ok that is it for now I there is more...

OK safelists... not much but a small amount of traffic..

Things...I have not tried...for a long long time

Posting to blogs.
Posting to guess books.
Book mark sites
Top rank sites.
ebay auction traffic.
free ebook branding traffic.
ffa.. waste of time.

OK well that is all I can think of right now... but each of the above has at least 3 sub cats... that can bring traffic...

Just think about it and there are many ways to drive traffic to ones sites....

Thanks
Tom Dahne

P.s

Here are 3 more examples...

Pay for a script that has resale rights and then give it away for free.... but in your lic copyright make sure every one that installs the script their websites leaves the link back to your sites.

Go to scriptlance or rentacoder and hire a person to write a 10 page report for you on an subject and in that report you link back to your site. you only need to pay $10$ per 500 words per page for the report.... post it on downloads.com as a pdf or exe ebook format or even post it on news groups..

Ok the last one for the sites above hire a person to write 10x 500 word articles for you for 10$ er article so 10 x10 = $100 usd then add those articles to an auto responder...and make your visitors.... optin to the auto responder.. by giving them a free gift... a pdf or exe ebook / report..

Then when you have them on your list you can promote to them...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

P.s

If I was to write an ebook on how to drive traffic to a website... How many of you would be interested..

And should I charge for it or give it away for free and if you would pay for such an ebook what would you think is a fair price..

Very nice post! :xf.love:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back