Dynadot

advice How Do You Feel About Geo Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How-Do-You-Feel-About-Geo-Domains.jpg

I don’t know why but I always feel like a business could use a domain name that’s specifically targeted towards their location. All you have to do is walk around your town or any busy area and you will run across a business using a geo type domain name.

Keep in mind, I am not talking about category killer type domains like Manhattan.com. You should obviously know that no matter what, those have HUGE value. They can be developed into powerful internet real estate.

When looking for Geo domains, there are certain criteria we look for such as:

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
geo targeted domain can only use for some kind of categories like real estate, foods, hotels etc.

•••
geo domains are really good.

•••
geo domains do give you a specific target to aim for. lines up an expected and large number of clients

•••
plus the competition in geo domains is immense, catapulting your business shouldn't be a problem

•••
I've sold a good handful of these. Not my best sales as I own aged keyword .coms but nothing wrong with turning $8 into $900-$1500 which is kinda my hot spot on geo service domains, some slightly lower and some higher. Some services are easier sales then others though as some business sectors get domains more.

Last edited:
•••
Surely they continue to sell but the trend seem going slow IMHO.
Businesses are moving towards brand names.
However from an investor perspective Geo domains are easier to get marketed and with the right ones you surely can have better selling ratio then brandables where the right person have to reach you

•••
I feel that if you have the right geo domain then you can sell it easily as a domainer and if you are the enduser then you can build quite a brand on it

•••
I log into my EFTY account and see an offer for one of my geo real estate names. In the comments they mention they are looking for an apartment in that city for two months :) Well, at least it gets type-in traffic...

•••
geo targeted domain can only use for some kind of categories like real estate, foods, hotels etc.

Probably yeah...

geo domains are really good.

I agree!

geo domains do give you a specific target to aim for. lines up an expected and large number of clients

Yes, that's why I tend to like them. Possibly easier to target buyers.

I've sold a good handful of these. Not my best sales as I own aged keyword .coms but nothing wrong with turning $8 into $900-$1500 which is kinda my hot spot on geo service domains, some slightly lower and some higher. Some services are easier sales then others though as some business sectors get domains more.

That's some great ROI. Thanks for sharing the numbers!

Surely they continue to sell but the trend seem going slow IMHO.
Businesses are moving towards brand names.
However from an investor perspective Geo domains are easier to get marketed and with the right ones you surely can have better selling ratio then brandables where the right person have to reach you

Could be true but I still see the popular city + services going for a fair amount on the aftermarket.

I feel that if you have the right geo domain then you can sell it easily as a domainer and if you are the enduser then you can build quite a brand on it

Yes. With geo domains you always have options and one of them could be development if you are somewhat good at that type of thing.

I log into my EFTY account and see an offer for one of my geo real estate names. In the comments they mention they are looking for an apartment in that city for two months :) Well, at least it gets type-in traffic...

haha nice!

Something you should consider is that technically is a LEAD that a real estate agent could use. I don't know exactly how that would work but that's why I like geo names. If you build a site you could get leads and form a partnership with a company to supply them the leads. I believe @James Iles talks about this in a bit more detail in a post. It's something I'm going to experiment with in the next few months.

-Omar

•••
Geo names are quick money, if you are looking to sell them for low-mid USD XXX.
Niches like restaurants, hotels, property managers, real estate are always hot.

•••
geo domains are good but very specific...

•••
Geo domains are new and are good, but it does not have a significant keyword history. Geo domains are suitable for a business target audience of a particular geo-location, but if one wants a larger audience, then it seems a little less important.

•••
Geo names are quick money, if you are looking to sell them for low-mid USD XXX.
Niches like restaurants, hotels, property managers, real estate are always hot.

Agreed. Well I don't know about the "quick money" statement. If you're personally able to sell them quick then more power to you!

That price range seems about right also.

Thanks!

geo domains are good but very specific...

Yes, that what makes them appealing to specific end users.

Geo domains are new and are good, but it does not have a significant keyword history. Geo domains are suitable for a business target audience of a particular geo-location, but if one wants a larger audience, then it seems a little less important.

Thanks for sharing!

•••
I have a few domains as below. Plz inform, do these fall under geo domains?

ipretoria.com
port-elizabeth.com
iBerlin.net
iMumbai.net
iPerth.net
iRome.net

•••
I have a few domains as below. Plz inform, do these fall under geo domains?

ipretoria.com
port-elizabeth.com
iBerlin.net
iMumbai.net
iPerth.net
iRome.net
No, just port Elizabeth but with hyper probably it is not worth

•••
Geo domains are awesome....I've always been a fan of them...

•••
No, just port Elizabeth but with hyper probably it is not worth

I think port-elizabeth could be a good domain for someone who might want to develop an info site about Porth Elizabeth...from an SEO perspective, the hyphen carries the same clout as the non-hyphenated domain...

•••
I think port-elizabeth could be a good domain for someone who might want to develop an info site about Porth Elizabeth...from an SEO perspective, the hyphen carries the same clout as the non-hyphenated domain...
Yeah I agree with this

•••
hi i am new to this domaining , i have some geo domains , please inform will these domains salable

BoxingAtlanta.com
AccessColorado.com
YogaMelbourne.com
AccidentAttorneySavannah.com
SkydiveNewark.com
greenrafting.com
raftingcairns.com
raftingJamaica.com
raftingnantahala.com
arizonaadventuretours.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back