NameSilo

How do people buy politician names and other popular people names with no problem?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by Rory Ivey, May 9, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

I often hear on the news about how people hit it rich buying a politician name. They make a quick $100,000. I even hear about politicians buying their opponents names. I don't hear about them getting sued or anything. Maybe it would be an issue with Trump since that is his trademark brand. But in general how is this legal?

I always here people say avoid this and I myself don't do so unless I'm doing some fanpage which is rare..

I'm just confused???

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Examples ?

3. Fancy.domains

Fancy.domains Selling gTLDs like delicious hotcakes VIP Gold Account

Somewhat off topic, but not 100%:

In Sweden a guy bought the name Gudrunschyman.se and linked it to a "anti-immigration website". After a court order, the domain was transferred to Gudrun and is now pointed to her own site.

Ps. Gudrun Schyman is a Swedish left-wing feminist and a party leader.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  4. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

what news channel you been watching?

:)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice