IT.COM

How do I sign up for Ename.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jv1999

Hopeless Fighter: Desolate Knight of Exo TowersTop Member
Impact
Hello,

I'm from the US. I have a Chinese buyer who won't go through paypal, dan.com, or pay in crypto. He wants Alipay, WeChat Pay, or eName.com.

eName.com is a registrar with its own marketplace, so that's the lowest risk of scam because they won't release the name to him unless the payment is legit.

I do not speak mandarin or cantonese and so... It's a bit hard for me to navigate both the English and Chinese versions of the site.

But from a cursory glance, they're asking for my passport to list a domain... i dun have a passport, but i have a US drivers license.

What exactly in the world should i do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
escrow/com i think good options for transactions

•••
•••
If you really must use Ename then why not 4.cn. Their english is good on there. and they are a Chinese company. In fact, if I remember I think Ename and 4.cn is affiliated?

also if the language is still an issue get a translator on Fiverr. Google translator is useful too.

•••
You have mentioned not to use DAN.com but just sharing in case you are not aware that
Alipay & WeChat Pay are supported by DAN.com

•••
•••
You have mentioned not to use DAN.com but just sharing in case you are not aware that
Alipay & WeChat Pay are supported by DAN.com

thank u! maybe buyer will agree to dan.com if they know this!

•••
•••
dan or escrow , i dont think west.xyz and ename.com are automated trading platform.imo.

•••
or Afternic MLS which is syndicated with registrars in China.

•••
For anyone interested, it's pretty easy to sign up for ename.com

Just use the english version, sign up.

Then you send your drivers license or passport or school ID to: [email protected]
-They speak English
-They'll answer all your questions

After CNNIC accepts that you're legit, then you can safely transfer your domain to them without fearing being somehow locked down.

To transfer your domain you must still talk to [email protected], who will give you their special paypal email to send the transfer fee to in order to fund your account.

Then transfer should go as normal, as it did with me...

But to actually list your domain, you have to send them invoices, renweal receipts, and etc. to show that you do indeed own the domain. My proof was acceptable, so there's that.

And I've looked everywhere for a commissions, can't find any. All I can find is the 3% cash withdraw fee.

but [email protected] answers all your questions pretty fast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back