IT.COM

How Do I Find A Parked Domain Names Traffic Type/Source Information?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Name Pros,
I have a domain name that has been getting an average of 1,500 unique visitors every month no matter where it has been parked and I am curious where the traffic is coming from.

This domain is product/niche specific so I am curious if it is direct type-in traffic or not, because if so I would like affiliate sales and optimization.

Let me know, thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not host the domain yourself for a while, then you will have access to the raw webserver log.

•••
Hi Name Pros,
I have a domain name that has been getting an average of 1,500 unique visitors every month no matter where it has been parked and I am curious where the traffic is coming from.

This domain is product/niche specific so I am curious if it is direct type-in traffic or not, because if so I would like affiliate sales and optimization.

Let me know, thank you!

:talk:

Hi

if it is currently parked, then look at the "referral stats" for that domain.

it should show:

if traffic is 'direct navigation' , search engine or link traffic.

what keywords visitors searched for, including regional info.

imo...

•••
The domain is a typo of one of the top 100 websites in the world,
i want to simply know if it is from a misspelled link or type-in traffic.

If it is type-in traffic, i think the domain is gold - for a while =)

•••
Hi,
when you said its a typo of Top 100 websites, you answered your question.

Typo of popular websites get some where close to 10-100 Type In daily but in most of the cases CTR will be very low ( may be because of two things 1 - as original website is famous visitor will quickly realize they made a typo and i think they will not spend more than 1- 2 seconds 2 - as its a typo in most of the cases meaning of the keyword changes and ads may be completely opposite to what the original website niche is about.

You can park it at ParkingCrew or Bodis to know from where the traffic is coming from ..they give referral information also.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back