Dynadot

How do I close a thread? FAQ instructions don't work

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

heykristen

Established Member
Impact
I'm trying to follow the instruction in the 'Threads and Posts' section of the FAQ, which says to close a thread you should:
  1. Visit the thread you wish to close
  2. Select "Options" (near the top right corner of the first post)
  3. Remove the check mark beside the "Open" checkbox
However, I can't see an open checkbox. I only get the option to 'Edit thread', 'Lock Thread', 'Report Thread' or 'View Metrics'.

When I choose the just lock the thread, it still seems to count towards one of my active marketplace posts. How can I completely close it, so that it doesn't count?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm trying to follow the instruction in the 'Threads and Posts' section of the FAQ, which says to close a thread you should:
  1. Visit the thread you wish to close
  2. Select "Options" (near the top right corner of the first post)
  3. Remove the check mark beside the "Open" checkbox
However, I can't see an open checkbox. I only get the option to 'Edit thread', 'Lock Thread', 'Report Thread' or 'View Metrics'.

When I choose the just lock the thread, it still seems to count towards one of my active marketplace posts. How can I completely close it, so that it doesn't count?
Hello,

With the new site upgrade, you can click the three dots at the top right of the listing, then click the "Lock Thread" which will automatically lock/close the listing. The lock may or may not appear on the listing instantly and you may need to refresh the page to see it.

Once locked, the post no longer counts towards your total active listings, however, the 24 hour rule still applies.

The limited threads (e.g., in the marketplace and appraisal sections) are based on the number of your open threads and the last activity in your threads in those special sections, so if you post in all of your limited threads (or someone else does) and then you close them all, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you can create a new thread.

This is to prevent bumping abuse where members could open an old thread, bump it, close it, and repeat that process as many times as they want (and they could even create new threads) in order to have more listings show under New Posts than their account limits allow them to have.

We hope that helps.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back