Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

NamePros HelpEstablished Member
Impact
Table of contents

How links to threads and posts work
These links work a little differently depending on where you are on the site.
  • Home page: The title-of-the-thread link will take you to the most recent (last) post.
  • List of forums: Same as Home Page above.
    Examples: Links in the Discussion category and Watched Forums.
  • List of threads
    Examples: Links in the Domain Beginners forum, Watched Threads, and New Posts.
    • Thread title: The title-of-the-thread link will:
      • Take you to the first post of the thread if you've never visited the thread before or you're not logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a guest).
      • Take you to the first unread post if you've visited the thread before, it has new content, and you're logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a member).
      • Take you to the first post of the thread if you've visited the thread before, it does not have any new content, and you're logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a member).
    • Timestamps: You must log in for these links to be available.
      There are two different timestamps on the page:
      • The timestamp link in the "Title" column will always take you to the first post of the thread.
      • The timestamp link in the "Last Message" column will always take you to the most recent (last) post. Same as Home Page above.
  • Watched Threads: The bold links indicate unread content, so those links will take you to the first unread post, which is always the first post if you're not logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a guest). The rest of the links (non-bold) will take you to the first post of the thread, because you've already seen all of the thread's content.
  • Content Overview: Links to the first post of the thread.
  • Sidebar Widgets
    • Domain Auctions: Same as Content Overview above.
    • Group A - Popular This Month, Today, Favorites: Same as Content Overview above.
    • Latest News, Blog Favorites: Same as Content Overview above.
    • Locational and Occasional Widgets
      • New Blog Posts: Same as Content Overview above.
      • Group B - Top Stories: Month, Year: Same as Content Overview above.
      • Group B - Comments:
        • Links to first unread if you're logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a member).
        • Links to the specific post if you're not logged in (i.e., you're viewing as a guest).
      • New Auctions: Same as Content Overview above.
      • Appraisal Requests: Same as Content Overview above.
      • Opinion Poll: Same as Content Overview above.
How to find your active threads
  1. View your profile
  2. Click the Information tab
  3. Click Find all threads by [you]
You may find Watched Threads (or Unread Watched Threads) to be useful, as well.

Button: "Go To First Unread"
This button appears in the page navigation (pagination) position. It will take you to the first post that has not been displayed to your browser:
  • The first post of the page after the last page you visited.
  • The first new post of the thread since you last visited it. This only applies if you visited the last page of the thread previously.
Important: This feature is only available when you are logged in to your NamePros account (i.e., you're viewing as a member and not as a guest).

Reversing the order of posts is no longer supported, but you may use the "Go to First Unread" button on each relevant thread to serve a similar purpose.

How do I close/lock a thread?
There may come a time you need to close an active thread in order to open a new thread due to forum limits. To do so, please follow these steps to close a thread of yours in permitted sections:
  1. Visit the thread you wish to close
  2. Select "..." (near the top right corner of the first post)
  3. Choose "Lock thread"
The thread will close as soon as you complete those steps, which will prevent new replies to the thread and lock it from being edited. It will also allow you to open a new thread (e.g., an appraisal request or marketplace listing), as long as you haven't created too many threads in a short period of time, which will require you to wait 24 hours or less before you create another.

How do I open/unlock a thread?
Threads must be open (unlocked) in order to edit them (e.g., title, prefix, tags, and posts) and to post new replies in them. To open a thread, follow these steps in permitted sections:
  1. Visit the thread you wish to open
  2. Select "..." (near the top right corner of the first post)
  3. Choose "Unlock thread"
The thread will open as soon as you complete those steps, which will allow you to edit your own content within the edit time limits.

Attachments

• more-options.png
    more-options.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 120
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back