IT.COM

How close the threads in the auctions section?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As everybody knows, now we can have only 2 active threads in the Marketplace, so, we have to close our old threads to create new ones. How close the threads in the auctions section? I can't find this option in this specific subforum. I can close my threads in the others subforums but not in this one. I have to ask a moderator to close each topic that I make in this section?
Thanks....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can close what you need closed while we await a response,
just let me know what you would like closed :)

•••
I had the same problem. Sent you a pm mis_chiff.

•••
Thank you for posting this. I have updated the auctions forum so you can now close your own threads.

I had forgotten that the Auctions forum had the ability to close threads Turned off some months ago because some sellers were closing the threads before the auction was over. We will have to look for another solution to this.

•••
Design Contests are set up the same way where ONLY staff can close threads due to contest holders closing early and not paying a winner. I prefer it to remain that way. I don't mind doing the extra work closing manually once I can confirm that both the designer & the contest holder have reached an agreement and completed the business transaction. :)

So I think there are a few exceptions to the self closing rule, I can see the auction section being one of them. Just needs extra attention is all. :)

Eric Lyon

•••
Design Contests are an exception we will keep as-is, since threads in that area require extra moderator attention anyway.

•••
some sellers were closing the threads before the auction was over.
Yea, this should happen a lot. I think that you bosses will need to find another solution for this.:talk:

Thanks for your attention, and thanks mis_chiff for the help.

•••
I had the same problem. Sent you a pm mis_chiff.

Yea, this should happen a lot. I think that you bosses will need to find another solution for this.:talk:

Thanks for your attention, and thanks mis_chiff for the help.

You're welcome :) All closed, and hopefully another solution
will be implemented, just in case there are problems.
Looks like you guys should be able to close them now.

Any other issues you encounter, please let us know.

•••
Thank you for posting this. I have updated the auctions forum so you can now close your own threads.

I had forgotten that the Auctions forum had the ability to close threads Turned off some months ago because some sellers were closing the threads before the auction was over. We will have to look for another solution to this.

The following three items aren't enough?

-Trader Rating
Infractions
Banning

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back