Dynadot

How can you tell if Google banned a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Usually I have no trouble getting sites indexed by Google via the links from here and my site, but I am having a particular problem with one of them. Is there a way to find out if a site has been banned by Google? I got the domain from someone, so I don't know what it's history was really before that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol u didnt do research on a site that u bought?

•••
I didn't buy a site, I got a domain in a package of domains that I had bought (didn't cost me anything for the domain, but thought I'd use it for something). It's not a big deal to change the domain name at this point, just want to know how I can find out whether it is or not...

•••
•••
Sorry, lost track of the thread, PM sent...

•••
site:domain.com

if not found then either banned or not discovered yet, check the archive.

•••
You can email and ask Google too. They'll tell you if it's blacklisted or not. If it's blacklisted, you can ask to have it removed - explain the new ownership and that the content is different.

Of course, if there was no site, there was no reason for the name to be in Google. It's more likely that Google just hasn't added the name yet. Develop something and then wait 2-24 months for addition.

•••
perhap you can use this one

hope that helps.

•••
When I do a site:domain.com, it doesn't come up with anything, so perhaps it's not listed. An Alexa search shows that it was a construction holding page at one time, but that's about it, so it probably wasn't indexed to begin with. I will just have to be patient I guess on it or maybe try submitting it manually. I've tried to get it some backlinks, so hopefully it will pick them up.

Thanks for all of your advice, the blog was interesting reading and if after a month or so it doesn't come up, will write to Google and ask if it's banned.

•••

how about emailing google and waiting for a responce from robots like what happend to me?

•••
eskick said:
how about emailing google and waiting for a responce from robots like what happend to me?
What?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back