NameSilo

How can you recover a domain name from..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A host that has shut down thier services and does not respond to emails requesting the transfer of the domain name..

I have a user who I host who had this happen to him I was wondering if I could contact ICANN or some affiliate to recover a domain name that has been lost like this?

thanks in advance
c4smok

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
having same problem with dododra registrar !! cant see my way out yet! need help to find out how to retrieve name!

•••
c4smok said:
A host that has shut down thier services and does not respond to emails requesting the transfer of the domain name..

I have a user who I host who had this happen to him I was wondering if I could contact ICANN or some affiliate to recover a domain name that has been lost like this?

thanks in advance
c4smok

Not sure if I understood this right so correct me if I'm wrong
somewhere.

Is the host the same place where the domain name is registered
at or does it only host, say, the admin contact email of the
domain's WHOIS record?

Unfortunately, ICANN doesn't step in on individual customer
complaints against registrars. But if you clarify your question a
bit, I'm sure we can still help you sort this out.

•••
well a guy registered one with a hosting company and they got the domain name for him..

But the host all of a sudden stopped hosting and wont return emails...

Guess there is nothing he can do

•••
Does the whois information your info.. as in the admin email id is yours. Then its possible to get the domain back.

•••
If you are the owner of the domain name, and the domain name has not expired, you should be able to transfer the domain from the host that has gone under to any other major registrar (godaddy, enom, etc).

You would just go directly to the new registrar and initiate a transfer.

There's not really much the old host has to approve for this to happen (unless they are specifically blocking transfers out), and once the domain is transferred to the new registrar, you should have full control over it again.

•••
ok thanks will see what I can do

•••
1. Contact old registrant
2. Contact new registrant (if no.1 not solved)
3. Contact ICANN (if no.2 not solved)

Note : owner/admin email address must be yours.

Corect me if i'm wrong ;)

•••
gosh that is annoying, that is why always to take the fuss to reg your domain in major domain places such as godaddy

•••
1rrr1 said:
gosh that is annoying, that is why always to take the fuss to reg your domain in major domain places such as godaddy

It's just that the average person doesn't really know this.

That's why the first thing they should do is ask. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back